Saturday, January 11, 2020

Year of Projects: Year 7, Week 1

Year of Projects Post
I don't have a banner yet

This is both a wrap-up of 2019 and a start for 2020.

So I finished 22 projects in 2019.  Several pairs of socks, a couple of shawls and cowls, and a few toys and amiguramis....

For 2020, I am going to focus on WIPs and projects I already have the yarn and pattern...there are a lot of these!

I was watching Angela of YarnNYarns podcast and her 12 Castons and I did start a few new projects.
I cast on a Zomboni, I had bought the yarn and pattern this summer.  I started a pair of baby shoes, but they are looking huge..again with yarn and a pattern I already owned.  I also bought a crochet kit to make the Harry Potter characters.

So I'm going to clean up my list.....and working from my queue (or library), which I've started to organize and my stash is my goal this year.  Will that mean I won't buy yarn..LOLOLOLOLOLOL....nope!  But I will be more mindful of the buying....I've already purchased yarn this year, so that is out the window...

I'm also going to vlog at least once a month...I'm thinking a wrap-up one at the end of the month...

I had every intention of posting last week...and well it didn't happen, so the above is from last week...This week I worked a bit on socks, I started a Dobby amigurami (no pictures yet)..AND I went to to the Slater Mill Knitting Weekend and bought some yarn...of course I did!  We then stopped at a yarn store on the way home from Rhode Island...I had been years ago, and they have moved since I was last there.....The Mermaid's Purl..super cute store...

I've been into the mohair lately, and bought several skeins of it....next week, I'll start my 2020 list...I'm going to pop a couple videos in at the end, if you'd like to take a look...they are about the WIPs, I am starting the year with....

2019 Finishes!!!!!
Muertos: 8/13/17-1/19/19
Who Socks: 10/7/18-1/22/19 (the Who socks were never on my list)
My Shelly Valentine: 2/10/16-2/9/19 (almost three years exactly!!!)
Alpaca Fun: 2/24/19-3/3/19
Green is the Best: 12/23/18-3/10/19
Willow Fields: 9/6.14-3/16/19
Lucy's Zebra 7/5-7/6/19
Black Widow Shawl 5/5/19-7/12/19
Lucy's Elephant Reserve 7/24/18-8/2/19
Shark Socks 7/28/19-8/12/19 
Swedish Block 8/20/19 - 8/24/19
Garter stitch block 8/24/19
Samples 8/28/19 finished
Throwback Poncho October 12, 2019
Mixed PomPom Hat October 13, 2019
Brainzzz - October 26, 2019
Bulky Cowl - Nov 9, 2019
Candy Cane socks - Nov 11, 2019
Santa Baby - Nov 20, 2019
Kristen's Cowl - Dec 17
Bee - Dec 11
Danae Cowl - Dec 27
Various gnomes - Dec 17

Works In Progress:         
WIPS: Crochet:
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden)-not sure he'd want this anymore, being a high school freshman and all, but I think I'll finish it for him. He is now a sophomore.
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done - I looked at this recently and I'm still liking it, so I'll keep it...maybe make it a baby blanket instead.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done. I still love the look of this.
Tabard Tunic (NW Diss 2/1/14) - Haven't made a final decision on this yet.
Venetian Cowl (July 1, 2018)

Knit: 
Learn to Knit Afghan: (started 2010): 3 squares done, I put this in the giveaway yarn bags..not thrilled with colors....will use squares at school for water bottles..
Shark in the Woods (11/27/14)- I really love this, but it's a lot of cabling and I'm not a fan..about 1/2 done.
Vanilla fingerless mitts (12/25/15) - Think I'm going to frog and do different mitts or crochet them.
Zombie Vixen mitts (10/17/15)- still working on them, again cabling
Garter Path Shawlette (5/30/16)- I have frogged this a couple of times...
Swinging with Winkle (6/4/16)- I love this so much!  Just need to finish it! Added a few rows
Meandering Top (5/20/16) - Took it out, at the separation of arms, looks really big!
Bulky Cowl - this hurts my hands to work on...think I need slippery needles...
Splediferous Blanket - (4/15/17) Roald Dahl club, mitered blanket
Selbu Mitts - 3/26/18

Beekeeper Cardigan - 7/1/18
Knits4Comfort Advent Shawl: 12/13/18
Breeze 11/16/19
Billy shoes - Jan 1, 2019


Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012) - has not changed, 
Espalier Socks (Jan 10, 2016) - started and stopped...
2017Games Socks- 2/15/18
Cloudy Rainbows - 5/11/18 
Sunny Skies - 5/12/18
Zombie Candy Corn - Oct 7, 2018Merry Xmas - Box O'Chocolates: 2/9/19, frogged 7/21/19
Snow Day: 3/4/19
Merfolk: 7/25/19
Monster Mash: 8/16/19 (cuff started awhile ago)
Merry Knitmas - 10/1/19
Rhinebeck Socks - 10/6/19

Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011) - add a motif scarf, don't see that being finished soon...
Light in Shadows (1/14/14) - I love this so much...need to start the new direction, so need to sit down and figure it out..

Zomboni - January 1, 2020

Bags:
Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in, I used it this year without the lining...so may just call it a day on this.... 

 KAL/CALs:
 
Fire and Blood (5/4/14) - not anytime soon
Outlander MKAL (8/8/14)  - possibility of finishing this..the yarn is so yummy


Sock WIPs:

Amigurami:
If you'd like to subscribe to my youtube channel, it is graceysgoodies.....the vlogs are going to be titled Yarning at the Homestead...there is also a short 6 minute intro video...

7 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

I think you have won the award for most WIP's in this group. If I let a WIP hibernate too long, I have such a hard time picking it up again. I admire you for being able to pick those up and really work on them.

Babajeza said...

I think you finished a lot last year! :-) All the best for your knitting year 2020. Regula

kathy b said...

Dear not Gracie,
Your ami' plans are amazing! wow.
I am so bad with tiny knits and crochets. I admire your patience and skills .
You are my first v lo g . I love this concept
I don't want to watch all the knit podcasts because, I was mentioning to my husband,
they are too long for me. They are all very very similar. Woman sitting with wall behind her and
her new yarn, WIPs and sometimes wares for sale.
I hope to make a v l o g . I have made two talking blogs, so I think that qualifies?
I have a hard time publishing them without my son's help.

So: Wizard of OZ! Yes my two favorites are your two favorites!
The kittens look so darn cute.

You certainly will have fun creating them. Good to know the kits and books are
worthwhile.
Thanks for a fun Start to my Sunday. The menopausal hot flashes get better !
I used to sleep with a dry t-shirt under my pillow so I could wake up soaked,a nd
just pull of the shirt and put a dry one on without leaving my bed!

Breathing Life said...

Great year of finishes and good ideas for 2020. I did laugh at the no new yarn, and that you had already failed at that. Sounds like me, I said no new yarn in July and by August that resolve was out the window. I do resolve this year though to either use what I have, or donate it.

Sam I Am...... said...

You did great last year on finishes which begs the question...if you start more do you finish more? In the long run that is. I didn't know you had a You Tube channel. I'll be watching for sure! I am saving your videos until the evening when I kick back and watch podcasts and knit or crochet. YOu go girl!

Becki said...

I'm letting some WIPs go, too. It's pretty freeing, I'm finding. I'll be checking your videos soon. I enjoy seeing you and it looks like you might have some new things!!! :)

HighlandHeffalump said...

I’ve watched your 3 episodes and enjoyed seeing you and hearing your voice. As I am more a completer/finisher, so many WIPs would keep me awake at night. I’m down to one knitting and one weaving WIP now and even they have this weird nagging voice in my head because I ignore it! You must be more an instigator and like starting things and with so many cute crochet kits I bet you can’t wait to start them all. You did great in 2019 on your projects so I have confidence you’ll finish lots of those socks and some other goodies too.