Saturday, January 25, 2020

Year of Projects: Year 7, Week 4

Still No Header, Got to Work On That


Hello my friends!   Can you believe we are almost done with the first month of this year already?  It's going fast...I'll be on summer break soon at this rate!

It was a bad week for me physically...and for a short week, it was long!  The exhaustion part of my disease reared its head this week.  I was asleep by 9:00 every day...and this morning at 1:30 AM, I had to get up to take a pain pill.....it's raining today, which is always a trigger for me...so I have stayed in bed, finished a pair of socks, ordered some Desert Vista Dyeworks, watched tv and some podcasts.

So Desert Vista Dyseworks does a Zombody self stripe series....all of her self stripe are cool...I have made a pair of socks, and a shawl (that didn't work out) from her If You Kill series, which is based on The Walking Dead.  It is dyed on order, so takes awhile to ship...but I've been thinking about ordering for awhile, so figured today was a good day.

I have a finish! 
My Merry Knitmas socks!  The yarn is by Oink Pigments.  When I bought it, I thought it was a self stripe, but it wasn't.  They spiral pretty cool, so not unhappy with them.  The makeup is 92% merino and 8% metallic.  They feel a little rough, but I'm sure will soften up.  The cuffs and toes are done with Brazen Stitchery in Orion Slave Girl.  It was a surprise skein with an order.  The pattern is Vanilla Latte, my go to vanilla sock pattern, as I need the grip it provides.

I also finished my first Sunny Skies sock.  I pulled it out of the bag during the video and realized I just had to do the toe.  I used some leftovers from a rainbow sock to make the heel.  I'm not sure this dyer is still dying, the rainbow dyer is still dying.

Most of the week, because of the exhaustion, I did not have the brain space to work on anything harder than a vanilla sock.  So lots of rows got put on to different socks...

I did get my shawl video up on Monday, I believe, so I'll post it below.  I'm kind of addicted to making videos right now.  Of course, it couldn't happen when I had good wifi! LOL....

So that's it for me this week....I'll read everyone's when I have the time.....and I'll see you next week.


2020 Completed Projects:
Merry Knitmas - 1/25/2020


Works In Progress:         
WIPS: Crochet:
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden is now a senior..so maybe I finish it for him to take to college?
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done - I'm not even sure where this is at the moment, with projects in two places.  I'll think on this.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done. I still love the look of this. Don't think this is at the Homestead, will have to check.
Tabard Tunic (NW Diss 2/1/14) - Haven't made a final decision on this yet.

Venetian Cowl (July 1, 2018) I love this, but the stitch just takes a Loooong time!
Billy shoes - Jan 1, 2019

Knit: 
Shark in the Woods (11/27/14)- I really love this, but it's a lot of cabling and I'm not a fan..about 1/2 done.
Vanilla fingerless mitts (12/25/15) - Started the second one, past the thumb point..
Zombie Vixen mitts (10/17/15)- still working on them, again cabling, review these, maybe done for St, Patrick'S Day
Meandering Top (5/20/16) - Took it out, at the separation of arms, looks really big!
Bulky Cowl - this hurts my hands to work on...think I need slippery needles...
Splediferous Blanket - (4/15/17) Roald Dahl club, frogged the mitered and changed the pattern (jan 12, 2020)
Selbu Mitts - 3/26/18

Beekeeper Cardigan - 7/1/18

Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012) - has not changed, 
Espalier Socks (Jan 10, 2016) - started and stopped...
2017Games Socks- 2/15/18
Cloudy Rainbows - 5/11/18 
Sunny Skies - 5/12/18
Zombie Candy Corn - Oct 7,  
Box O'Chocolates: 2/9/19, frogged 7/21/19 restarted  Jan 11
Snow Day: 3/4/19
Merfolk: 7/25/19
Monster Mash: 8/16/19 (cuff started awhile ago)
Merry Knitmas - 10/1/19
Rhinebeck Socks - 10/6/19
Grinchmas Socks Dec 7, 2019
Whammed Socks Dec 7, 2019
Patons Ragg Socks - Jan 1, 2019

Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011) - add a motif scarf, don't see that being finished soon...
Light in Shadows (1/14/14) - I love this so much...need to start the new direction, so need to sit down and figure it out..

Garter Path Shawlette (5/30/16)- I have frogged this a couple of times...
Swinging with Winkle (6/4/16)- I love this so much!  Just need to finish it! Added a few rows
Knits4Comfort Advent Shawl 12/13/18
Breeze 11/15/19Zomboni - January 1, 2020 (restarted Jan 18)
Van Gogh - January 18

KAL/CALs: 
Fire and Blood (5/4/14) - not anytime soon
Outlander MKAL (8/8/14)  - possibility of finishing this..the yarn is so yummy

Bags:
Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in, I used it this year without the lining...so may just call it a day on this.... 

9 comments:

Babajeza said...

Beautiful socks. I love the heal of the "sky"socks. Hopefully, you will feel better soon! All the best, Regula

HighlandHeffalump said...

Yay! A pair of socks ready for Christmas, I like the pattern it’s created, a bit of a change from stripes so will be obviously different if you have a pure stripe red and green pair. I hope you feel better soon. I watched your shawl post the other day but can’t remember if I posted a comment as I think it then played the Grocery Girls episode straight after. I’m enjoying seeing and listening, it makes me feel like I know you better. 😀

Lucy Bowen said...

I really hope the exhaustion eases this week. But the socks are fab, and finished!

Breathing Life said...

Love the socks! well done! Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Good plan to stay in bed. Rest and Knitting. Perfect remedy for whatever ails us, eh? Take care. Hope the rain abates and you feel better this coming week.

Becki said...

I like the Merry Knitmas socks. I like the name, too. :)

kathy b said...

Hope you feel much better very soon. .You look good!!!! The information about putting yarn to your face was really enlightening. I wear makeup and now am thinking, that's a horrible things to do . Picking up a skein and putting on my face could really make it have a mark and be something they can't sell. Thank you for pointing this out!!!!!! Yarn shoppes are having enough issues competing with the internet purchasing. One reason I go to shoppes is to feel the yarn. So I'll stop that practice . Thanks!

Leftycrafter said...

I like the way the pooling happened on your Christmas socks. Your sunshine socks are really cute with the multicolored heel.

My RA tells me a day before rain comes because of the barometric pressure. Otherwise, the weather does not bother it that much. Hopefully yours will settle down and leave you alone for a while.

Sam I Am...... said...

Love your socks! I really like the blue and yellow with the rainbow heel! I have yet to watch your podcast! Duh! I wrote it down this time with a big star next to it in my Bullet Journal. Hopefully, that will do the trick. I like to watch them on my t.v. in my bedroom when I am 'reclined' and knitting! LOL! Have a good week and hope you feel better! The weather doesn't help I'm sure.

Ella said...

I hear you on the weather bit. In January, we had a change in season almost every day, or even two seasons in one day on some days. I have never taken so many fog photos in my entire life before! Hope you feel better by now. Oh, and I love the rainbow heel sock idea, so lovely!