Sunday, April 12, 2020

Year Of Projects, Year Seven, Week 14


Good Afternoon!  Wow thought I'd just missed one week, but looks like it was two!  Sorry!  But look at that, I have some completed projects!

I finished 3 and a half hats!
This is the WOW Factor hat.  I bought a kit from White Birch Fiber Co at Stitches United two or three years ago.  The kit came with the pattern.
This is Wow Factor 2, this was actually a different hat, the Vermonter, but it was too small, so I ripped it out.  This yarn is Canon Hand Dyed in a Gilmore Girls color, I bought the pompom on etsy, as I wanted a yellow pompom to bring out the yellow speckles. 

The hats are very similar.  The first one I made the large and it's not quite as long as the second one, which is the medium size.

So a friend made a hat for her daughter and I thought it was brilliant....so here is my Chrono Cap. 

I also finished a baby hat, but didn't take a picture.
This is Showoff.  A really quick knit using Malabrigo Caracol.  It's much smaller than it should be, as I didn't have the right size needles.  But it's a nice warm shoulder wrap.

I don't have a completed picture of my Breeze, next week....but it is done!

Except for the Breeze, none of these were on my lists....I have several other cast-ons I'll share int he next couple of weeks, as I've had castonitis...I did talk about a few of them in the videos.

I did publish a vlog last week and another this week, so if you'd like to take a look


Episode 7
Episode 8

Neither are longer than 25 minutes....I hope you'll take a look.

I hope to be back with at least one more finished object next week.  My hands have had some pain the past couple of days, so I've not been crafting too much.

See you next week....

2020 Completed Projects:
Merry Knitmas - 1/25/2020
Box O' Chocolates - 2/23/2020
Sunny Skies - 2/29/2020
Dobby  - 2/20/2020
Gnomes - 2/20/2020
Wow Factor - 3/22/2020
Wow Factor 2 - 3/24/2020
Chrono Hat - 3/24/2020
Showoff - 3/27/2020
Breeze - 4/9/2020
Works In Progress:         
WIPS: Crochet:
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden is now a senior..so maybe I finish it for him to take to college?
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done - I'm not even sure where this is at the moment, with projects in two places.  I'll think on this.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done. I still love the look of this. Don't think this is at the Homestead, will have to check.
Tabard Tunic (NW Diss 2/1/14) - Haven't made a final decision on this yet.

Venetian Cowl (July 1, 2018) I love this, but the stitch just takes a Loooong time!
Billy shoes - Jan 1, 2019

Knit: 
Shark in the Woods (11/27/14)- I really love this, but it's a lot of cabling and I'm not a fan..about 1/2 done.
Vanilla fingerless mitts (12/25/15) - Started the second one, past the thumb point..
Zombie Vixen mitts (10/17/15)- still working on them, again cabling, review these, maybe done for St, Patrick'S Day
Meandering Top (5/20/16) - Took it out, at the separation of arms, looks really big!
Bulky Cowl - this hurts my hands to work on...think I need slippery needles...
Splediferous Blanket - (4/15/17) Roald Dahl club, frogged the mitered and changed the pattern (jan 12, 2020)
Selbu Mitts - 3/26/18

Beekeeper Cardigan - 7/1/18

Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012) - has not changed, 
Espalier Socks (Jan 10, 2016) - started and stopped...
2017Games Socks- 2/15/18
Cloudy Rainbows - 5/11/18 
Zombie Candy Corn - Oct 7,  
Snow Day: 3/4/19
Merfolk: 7/25/19
Monster Mash: 8/16/19 (cuff started awhile ago)
Rhinebeck Socks - 10/6/19
Grinchmas Socks Dec 7, 2019
Whammed Socks Dec 7, 2019
Patons Ragg Socks - Jan 1, 2019

Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011) - add a motif scarf, don't see that being finished soon...
Light in Shadows (1/14/14) - I love this so much...need to start the new direction, so need to sit down and figure it out..

Garter Path Shawlette (5/30/16)- I have frogged this a couple of times...
Swinging with Winkle (6/4/16)- I love this so much!  Just need to finish it! Added a few rows
Knits4Comfort Advent Shawl 12/13/18
Zomboni - January 1, 2020 (restarted Jan 18)
Van Gogh - January 18

KAL/CALs: 
Fire and Blood (5/4/14) - not anytime soon
Outlander MKAL (8/8/14)  - possibility of finishing this..the yarn is so yummy

Bags:
Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in, I used it this year without the lining...so may just call it a day on this.... 

6 comments:

Becki said...

I love those WOW Factor hats! And your Corona hat is great! Very clever.

Leftycrafter said...

You have been busy. If your hands are a bit sore, I can see why lol. Cute hats and I like the wraps too. Staybwell

Babajeza said...

Hello Tammy

Did it snow? :-)

I attended an assistant teachership in Herndon about 10 years ago and you remind me of the teacher I was with. Same language. Similar looks. She teaches home economics in a middle school.

The Breeze shawl is lovely. It looks soft and warm but the green is a sign of spring. How does the distance teaching go? After a two weeks break we are starting again tomorrow. I'm much more relaxed than a month ago. :-)

All the best! Regula

kathy b said...

Oh I i will listen to you later today !!! I love your video posts!!!!!

HighlandHeffalump said...

I like the first hat, the slight gradient works really well. Are you going to wear your Corona hat outside? People will definitely give you 6’ of space if you went shopping in it. 😀

Breathing Life said...

Oh my. That Corona Cap!!! Too soon? lol