Sunday, January 3, 2021

Year of Projects, Year 8, Week 1

 Good morning!  So it is week 1 for me of year 8.  Last year I was very inconsistent.  Not sure how I'll do this year.   I have some crafting plans for the year, but the only ones I've posted are my 12 Cast-ons...I think this may be the year of the sweater, besides the 3 (and 2 baby ones) in my cast-on list...I also have yarn for at least 3 more....one being the Love Note, which I think I'll cast on soonish...I have the mohair, but not sure about the fingering....the mohair is a gorgeous wine color, but the fingering, I pulled from stash and they are four different colorways, so kind of a fade.  I know the mohair will unite them all....what do you think?


The picture is of most of the 12 Cast-ons....I am keeping them in this basket or if they are in a big bag/basket of their own, near this basket.

Works In Progress: 

12 Cast-ons of 2021:
12 Days of Christmas socks (December 25, 2020)
Boxy (December 27, 2020) Joji Locatelli

Selbu Mittens (December 27, 2020) Skeindeer Knits


Calleter Sweater Littletheroem
Teddy Sweater Terri Kruse
21 Color Slouch (December 28, 2020)

Radiate Joji Locatelli (January 2, 2021) - I am now on section two and working with both colors. It's kind of addicting...

Dissent Pullover Andrea Rangel - I will cast this on today
Venezia Shawl Joji Locatelli (December 31, 2020)

Crunching Leaves Cowl (December 26, 2020) Casapinka

Freshstitches Amigurami
Hatdana Denise Bayron

The 12 Cast-ons comes from Angela of YarnNYarns.   She cast on a project a day and works on it for that day.  Then she puts it away to pull it out and work on throughout the year.  Pretty much all of my cast-ons are projects I have been wanting to start anyway, so I joined in this year...I post a
few of the project pictures and where I stopped.

WIPS: Crochet:

Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden is now a senior..so maybe I finish it for him to take to college?
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done - I'm not even sure where this is at the moment, with projects in two places.  I'll think on this.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done. I still love the look of this. Don't think this is at the Homestead, will have to check.
Tabard Tunic (NW Diss 2/1/14) - Haven't made a final decision on this yet
Venetian Cowl (July 1, 2018) I love this, but the stitch just takes a Loooong time!

Knit: 

Shark in the Woods (11/27/14)- I really love this, but it's a lot of cabling and I'm not a fan..about 1/2 done.
Zombie Vixen mitts (10/17/15)- still working on them, again cabling, review these, maybe done for St, Patrick'S Day
Meandering Top (5/20/16) - Revisited and ripped out the previous work, back to split for arms)
Splediferous Blanket - (4/15/17) Roald Dahl club, frogged the mitered and changed the pattern (jan 12, 2020)
Wee Cria - 3/18/2020
On the Go-veralls - 

Socks:

Espalier Socks (Jan 10, 2016) - started and stopped...
Games Socks- 2/15/18
Snow Day: 3/4/19
Merfolk: 7/25/19
Monster Mash: 8/16/19 (cuff started awhile ago)
Whammed Socks Dec 7, 2019
Me Too - March 31, 2020
Blue Spruce Socks - April 1, 2020
Arne & Carlos - September 13, 2020

Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011) - add a motif scarf, don't see that being finished soon...
Light in Shadows (1/14/14) - I love this so much...need to start the new direction, so need to sit down and figure it out..
Swinging with Winkle (6/4/16)- I love this so much!  Just need to finish it! Added a few rows
Knits4Comfort Advent Shawl 12/13/18
Zomboni - January 1, 2020 (restarted Jan 18)
Van Gogh - January 18

KAL/CALs: 
Fire and Blood (5/4/14) - not anytime soon
Outlander MKAL (8/8/14)  - possibility of finishing this..the yarn is so yummy

11 comments:

Cinna Knits said...

I'm intrigued about the 12 days of cast-on! I can see this being a great way to start off your year's knitting intentions.

MaureenHD said...

Oh my. My brain can't handle so many started projects but glad it works for you. My aged brain is too mushy. I'd never remember where the project is at much less where in the heck I am in the pattern. Does sound like a fun idea to start a bunch as a kick start to the year. I love reading how everyone manages their projects. Good luck this year 8.

Leftycrafter said...

What a great idea to start 12 projects in 12 days. Then you have great items all year to work on at your leisure.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I love all your new projects and the yarns for your new sweater are scrumptious!!! It's going to be beautiful. I love the idea of starting 12 new projects. Have fun!

Lucy Bowen said...

Oh some lovely Projects and I think the fade will look lovely.

Breathing Life said...

12 days of cast ons sounds interesting - not sure it is for me as I tend to only have two at the most things on the go. Otherwise I get anxious. Your cast-ons look amazing. I will enjoy following their progress.

HighlandHeffalump said...

Oh my goodness 12 cast on items in less fhan 2 weeks, I am feeling anxious already and they aren’t my projects 😂. I know you manage well with lots of WIPs so I’m sure you’ll be fine and sometimes casting on is the hardest bit for me because I procrastinate about doing swatches or not. I think you are right and that the mohair will unite the other colours for your Love note. Mohair I believe is a nightmare to think back or frog so perhaps swatch a bit if you are worried first.

JustMagicMaria said...

I do love your pink fade and I think the wine mohair will definitely pull it all together. And the idea of the 12 cast ons is hilarious! My LYS did something like that last year with a "cast on all the things" game.

Babajeza said...

Knitting or crocheting is the best. I wish you luck with all your porjects that will get finished when it's time. :-) All the best! Regula

Ella said...

Love Note: go for it, I think it will look lovely with those colours. As for the 12 days of cast ons - can't wait to see how you get on with all those different projects, and which one gets finished first.

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

I think I do the equivalent of 12 cast-ons anyway without actually intending to! Can't wait to see all your finished projects!
Have a lovely weekend,
Jillxo