Friday, June 24, 2011

Finally!

It’s the song that goes through my head every year…

What have I been doing this past week?  Finishing packing up classroom..and waiting, waiting, waiting for the last day of school!

Now I have also been doing a lot of reading, which has kind of taken over my life…remember this last week?
DSC04407 I finished the second book, which is over 900 pages….and have just started on the third book, which is over 1000 pages….I did the naughty and scanned some of it and really don’t like where this one is heading!!!!!  But I will finish this one and hopefully read the next one before the end of summer…

I also finished the diving helmet that I planned with this yarn
DSC04443 Here is Wil-key modeling it.  It was for the scientific challenge…you had to represent lightening.  A diving helmet was used as a lightening rod in Torment of Tantalus.

I also made a baby hat for a co-worker….well I had made her one, but she said she had been looking online for one…and the one I made would fit the baby in the fall…so I made a smaller one.  He is expected in July. It is made with Manos de Uruguay cotton stria…love this yarn and horde it, as I heard they are not going to make it anymore…
DSC04436 The new one
DSC04354The original one

I’ve been reading a lot about sock knitting…..well here is the sad sock facts from me….I have two different patterns started..the first
DSC04440 It is a kit from Tsarina of Tsocks.  Not sure I like the yarn anymore…and it’s been a long time since I worked on it…so I’m not sure where I am….I may just frogged the whole thing, although the Hubs says to keep it to show how I started…
and
DSC04439 I am using OnLIne, which I LOVE and have bought more of and a pattern from The Knitmore Girls…it just seems to take forever!  But I will power through…

whoops forgot - the random number thingy picked number 3!!! Which is Kiwiyarns!  Congrats on the shells...I'll email you ....

1 comment:

sara said...

Woo hooo!!!! Have a great summer!