Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Graduation Party and Webs Again!

Yesterday I went to Massachusetts to surprise a former student.  her mom had invited me to her high school graduation party…I had her in second grade….

It took her a moment, but she was very surprised and seemed very happy to see me.  She’s grown into a wonderful girl.

DSC04333 She’s taller than me now…which isn’t hard….

I felt like a celebrity..my 15 minutes of fame…everyone knew who I was.  It’s just so gratifying to know that you have touched a student’s life and have had an impact.  As a teacher, it’s what many of us hope to achieve.  It was a great day!

I made it up there about an hour early, so where better to hang out than Webs? As I had to go through Northhampton to get to the party!

Did I get yarn?  Silly Billies, of course!

DSC04342 I added to my Manos stash of cotton stria..I ADORE this yarn and heard they weren’t going to make it anymore???It was on sale in the warehouse….

I also added to my Madelintosh stash with Tosh Vintage in Baltic, maybe for the gate?

and Tosh Sock in Brick for either the Rick or Sam socks from Cookie A’s Sock Innovation….it’s for Nerd Wars….

No comments: