Monday, January 16, 2012

Stash Sun…er Monday

So what did I come home with, you ask?

DSC01640

Midnight in Manhattan by Madelinetosh in Tosh Sock.  I had a hard time deciding on the weight….This is an exclusive yarn to The Yarn Company. This was the first thing I bought, headed right for their booth!

DSC01637 This yarn I have been waiting awhile to get.  I bought the pattern when I went to their store in Derry, NH and I really liked the yarn in the pattern.  Alas they had just sold out of it at the NH Sheep and Wool.  And they were having a problem with their distributor and sock yarn…so when I saw they were at this show, I stalked them again and yeah! They had the yarn!

Then I was wandering around and picked up a couple of Three Irish Girl skeins and looked at them.  Then one of the “salespeople” said there was a pattern for those exact two colors, so what could I do?  I bought both and the pattern (was surprised that pattern was not given for free with the purchase of yarn!)

DSC01638 Ryan

DSC01634 Enna

Then I was done at the show….so hungry…I ended up at Rockefeller Center, down the street and had a burger…

Refreshed I headed uptown to Knitty City (that is a blog post of it’s own)

But there I purchased 4 more skeins…

DSC01633 a new yarn to me Wool Candy in Tweed.

DSC01635 Berroco Flicker 3307

DSC01632 Cascade Superwash (it’s more grey than blue)

and

DSC01636 Rowan Cashsoft dk in Githic Green.  This green reminds me of pine needles…

So where does that leave my guessers….well WonderWHyGal guessed 4, and I did leave the show with 4 skeins.  But I then bought 4 more at Knitty City…so technically I came home with 8.  Noone guessed 8, so I’m going to do a random number thingy….

It did it’s thing and it picked comment #6, which bizarrely is Tammy!  (Which is my given name!) So maybe I need to keep the gifty for myself?  Just kidding!  Congratulations Tammy!

4 comments:

pinkundine said...

Ooooh, pretty yarns. I love the Ryan one

lori said...

that's great restraint for you! whatever you do, don't use Tosh Sock for socks. it's great for anything that won't get a lot of wear.

Gracey is not my name.... said...

I think the mad tosh is going to be a hat or short shawl...I think it would look stupendouse in one of the Stephen West designs with black!

Unknown said...

Tammy, I think that means you get to get yourself another present to celebrate our win! lol