Sunday, June 17, 2018

Year of Projects: Week 24

Hello, hello lovies!!!!  It is my last Sunday of the school year...tomorrow is our last day!!!!  Whoop, whoop! And an early dismissal to boot!!!!!  My room is pretty much packed up.  I know a couple of kids won't show, especially with the expected weather.....really hot and humid....I've also been felled with a last minute sinus infection. I was really sick yesterday...cough, cough, sneeze, sneeze, sneeze, nap, nap, nap.....

and today I am at odds with what to do with myself....yes, I could knit or crochet, however I'm on the end of my medicine cycle...my infusion is on Tuesday...so I'm very achey....no desire to knit or crochet....but am doing some organizing....

All these goals still stand, as haven't done much this month:

June goals:
- finish or close to finish the Kiss Me, I'm Irish
- figure out and work the Fish Kiss Lips heel on Keep Swimming
- possible start moving yarn totes up to attic room, after logging what's in each tote
- swatch for the Waves Tank, then knit
- pull out The Meandering Top and see where I'm at (it's been hibernating)

- cast on for the Tegna top, the Vintersol sweater and the Rainbow Cardi  

I have put some rows on a few things, mainly the Sockhead hat for my friend Danae....it's up to 3 inches of ribbing...one more inch to go....really sick of ribbing...
There was a glitch and I had to shut down for a bit.....I think I need a new modem....sigh.....

2018 Finished Projects:
Millennial Slytherin Mitts - Jan 6, 2018 
KG AMi - Jan 10, 2018
Shamrock Hat - Jan 20, 2018
Snowflake Hat - Jan 20, 2018
Elephant Reserve - February 11, 2018
Bunny Hat - February 12, 2018
Blue Wave - February 12, 2018
Folding Chairs - March 4, 2018
Jessica Jones 2 - March 7, 2018
Chicken Scratch Sock (test knit) - March 8, 2018 (only one sock)
Zombie Latte Socks (Zombie Valentine) - April 8. 2018
Fortune's Shawlette - April 11, 2018
Hudson Bay Socks - April 12, 2018
Chemo Hat for Deirdre - April 16, 2018 

Works In Progress:         
WIPS: Crochet:
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden)-not sure he'd want this anymore, being a high school freshman and all, but I think I'll finish it for him. He is now a sophomore.
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done - I looked at this recently and I'm still liking it, so I'll keep it...maybe make it a baby blanket instead.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done. I still love the look of this.
Tabard Tunic (NW Diss 2/1/14) - Haven't made a final decision on this yet.
Throwback Poncho 2/19/17
 
Knit: 
Learn to Knit Afghan: (started 2010): 3 squares done, I put this in the giveaway yarn bags..not thrilled with colors....will use squares at school for water bottles..
Shark in the Woods (11/27/14)- I really love this, but it's a lot of cabling and I'm not a fan..about 1/2 done.
Vanilla fingerless mitts (12/25/15) - Think I'm going to frog and do different mitts or crochet them.
Zombie Vixen mitts (10/17/15)- why I may crochet the others...have these and still working on them, again cabling
Garter Path Shawlette (5/30/16)- I have frogged this a couple of times...
Swinging with Winkle (6/4/16)- I love this so much!  Just need to finish it! Added a few rows
Meandering Top (5/20/16) - Totally forgot about this...could get it done to wear in spring...I think I was debating whether to do the bottom ruffle...it's not a good placement for me...
Multnomah (8/21/16)- stuck on feather and fan edging, have too many stitches, in timeout. Stitch count continues to be off.
Bulky Cowl - this hurts my hands to work on...think I need slippery needles...
Splediferous Blanket - (4/15/17) Roald Dahl club, mitered blanket
Selbu Mitts - 3/26/18
Farewell Sockhead - 5/13/18
Hope for Falla - 5/4/18 

Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012) - has not changed, 
Carlos and Arne socks (July 3 2015)- using a 9" needle...keep losing stitches. 
Espalier Socks (Jan 10, 2016) - started and stopped...
Just Keep Swimming - (6/16/16) 
Muertos - 8/13/17
Games Socks- 2/15/18
I'm Irish - 3/3/18

Cloudy Rainbows - 5/11/18 
Northampton Socks - 5/26/18

 
Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011) - add a motif scarf, don't see that being finished soon...
Light in Shadows (1/14/14) - I love this so much...need to start the new direction, so need to sit down and figure it out..
 
Willow Fields (9/6/14) - ran out of yarn, waiting on yarn 
My Shelly Valentine (2/10/16) - should finish for this year's Valentine's Day, yeah, that did not happen


Bags:

Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in, I used it this year without the lining...so may just call it a day on this.... 

 KAL/CALs:
 
Fire and Blood (5/4/14) - not anytime soon
Outlander MKAL (8/8/14)  - possibility of finishing this..the yarn is so yummy


6 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

So nice to see someone else with languishing WIPs.

Ribbing can get boring. Three inches is quite a bit. I do not envy you with that. Once finished it will be superb and your friend will love it.

I can't imagine schools just now getting out. Ours have been out since the 24th of May. But then we start the first week of August too.

Breathing Life said...

Hope your infusion helps with the achiness. No fun at all. Glad the end of school year is upon you. As a retired school teacher I feel your pain as June winds down.

Becki said...

Congrats on the ending of another school year. I hope you feel better after your infusion on Tuesday and that you enjoy your summer. Looking forward to next week's YOP wrap-up! :)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Have a great summer!

Lucy Bowen said...

I love the yarn you are using for your hat - only one more inch to go! Enjoy the start of your holiday.

Anonymous said...

Yay for you having no more school for at least two months! I liked that video of the bases honking as they carted the kids away.