Saturday, July 27, 2019

Stash Acquisition Saturday


Well it's been a really long time since I have done a stash update....during my several months hiatus, I acquired a lot of stash.  I am not going to post it all....because it would just be such a long post....

Yesterday I went into New York City, actually Brooklyn to attend a trunk show....
This is Felicia, she owns String Thing Studio in Brooklyn.  If you are ever in NYC, it is worth the trip to her store.  I've been several times now.  She is the most friendly and nice person.  She treats us as family, even thought we only make it maybe once a year....(sometimes twice)...it's a destination store!

Anyway, we were there to meet Adella of LolaBean Yarn.  I've been frinds with her online for awhile and wanted to meet her. 
I bought a couple skeins...I want o make a quick, easy raglan sweater, two toned....any suggestions?

The lighter color is Un Coco Loco and the darker is Dobby.
Dobby is a bit darker than what is showing up onscreen.

I also picked up some Juniper Farm Zooey, as I want to make a linen shell...but again, no pattern in mind.....
The purple is Purple Rain and the tan is All Spice.  It's a 60% cotton, 40% linen.  I just want a basic shell.....

And then there is this
This is Shark in the Water by Malia Mayed It.....she and knittynatty are doing a "sockweek" to go along with Shark Week!  It's mostly a knitalong...to knit one sock in a week....this is a self stripe yarn....I'll be winding this up today to cast on tomorrow....

Someone I have been buying from online quite a bit is Hue Loco...

So these are from her Backyard Chickens collection, and well we now have 56 backyard chickens, so I had to....The brown is Golden Laced Wyandotte, the greenish pink is Speckled Sussex (which we have) and the red is Barnvelder...such gorgeous colors, these are rooster colors, the other two are hen colors.....
The Barnvelder again....so pretty.....I have also got her Game of Thrones women mini skeins and a couple of other skeins.....

I also went on a Yarn Crawl.....it is still going on...a couple of friends and I went on a Saturday...
It's called the Hudson Valley Yarn Trail 2019 Yarn Crawl....there are 15 stores or farms....We went to five on that day...we visited Stars Hollow (which is my LYS now), Nancy O, Pick Up Every Stitch, Loopy Mango and Beetle and Fred.
I'm not going to list them all, but it was a great day.....

I think this is it for now.....until next time, because we all know there will be a next time...

4 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Wowzer........some yummy yarn!

avantaknits said...

It's all gorgeous stuff!

I bought some LolaBeans at Stitches in Atlanta a couple of months ago -- intended for a "fade" tee, and some Zooey last month -- intended for striped tee.

Becki said...

56 chickens?!? I know relatively little about raising chickens, but I imagine that is a lot of chickens! And you have some yarn to match some of your chickens. :) How fun is that?!?

Paula said...

LolaBeans are pretty! I already have a pair of shark week socks in process and still have to keep myself from checking out those. I should know better by now than to read any of your stash acquisition posts

I got a couple of prints from Stars Hollow yarn. I can pretend that I live there for a minute every day.