Sunday, July 14, 2019

Year of Projects: Year 6, Week 28


Hellooooooo It's been many, many weeks....I thought I was coming back a couple of weeks ago, but it just didn't happen...sigh...I lost my crafting mojo for a long time...I've also been dealing with a personal issue that has been very frustrating and I just wasn't crafting....I started back up at the end of May.   I worked on socks, as I have a ton of them started, but didn't finish any....I also started a shawl...I just wanted a garter stitch shawl...and look at that I finished it....It is not blocked yet


I also finished a birthday gift for a friend's daughter.  I asked her what she wanted and she wanted a zebra!  So I made a zebra....the pattern is Zane the Zebra...you can just google it...it is linked on Ravelry, but is not a pdf, it's in a blog post....

I'm sure Lucy will change the name.....


I've also worked on Lucy's Elephant sweater.  I have 1.5 sleeves, ribbing and buttons and then it is done!

So while I took a long break, I have been knitting or crocheting everyday for the past couple of weeks...I'm glad to be back.......

2019 Finishes!!!!!
Muertos: 8/13/17-1/19/19
Who Socks: 10/7/18-1/22/19 (the Who socks were never on my list)
My Shelly Valentine: 2/10/16-2/9/19 (almost three years exactly!!!)
Alpaca Fun: 2/24/19-3/3/19
Green is the Best: 12/23/18-3/10/19
Willow Fields: 9/6.14-3/16/19
Lucy's Zebra 7/5-7/6/19
Black Widow Shawl 5/5/19-7/12/19


Works In Progress:         
WIPS: Crochet:
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden)-not sure he'd want this anymore, being a high school freshman and all, but I think I'll finish it for him. He is now a sophomore.
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done - I looked at this recently and I'm still liking it, so I'll keep it...maybe make it a baby blanket instead.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done. I still love the look of this.
Tabard Tunic (NW Diss 2/1/14) - Haven't made a final decision on this yet.
Throwback Poncho 2/19/17 - would like to finish for the fall

Venetian Cowl (July 1, 2018)

Knit: 
Learn to Knit Afghan: (started 2010): 3 squares done, I put this in the giveaway yarn bags..not thrilled with colors....will use squares at school for water bottles..
Shark in the Woods (11/27/14)- I really love this, but it's a lot of cabling and I'm not a fan..about 1/2 done.
Vanilla fingerless mitts (12/25/15) - Think I'm going to frog and do different mitts or crochet them.
Zombie Vixen mitts (10/17/15)- still working on them, again cabling
Garter Path Shawlette (5/30/16)- I have frogged this a couple of times...
Swinging with Winkle (6/4/16)- I love this so much!  Just need to finish it! Added a few rows
Meandering Top (5/20/16) - Took it out, at the separation of arms, looks really big!
Bulky Cowl - this hurts my hands to work on...think I need slippery needles...
Splediferous Blanket - (4/15/17) Roald Dahl club, mitered blanket
Selbu Mitts - 3/26/18

Beekeeper Cardigan - 7/1/18 
Lucy's Elephant - 7/24/18, ripped out and restarted next size up 1/26/19


Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012) - has not changed, 
Espalier Socks (Jan 10, 2016) - started and stopped...
Games Socks- 2/15/18
Cloudy Rainbows - 5/11/18 

Sunny Skies - 5/12/18
Box O'Chocolates: 2/9/19
Snow Day: 3/4/19

Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011) - add a motif scarf, don't see that being finished soon...
Light in Shadows (1/14/14) - I love this so much...need to start the new direction, so need to sit down and figure it out..
 

Bags:
Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in, I used it this year without the lining...so may just call it a day on this.... 

 KAL/CALs:
 
Fire and Blood (5/4/14) - not anytime soon
Outlander MKAL (8/8/14)  - possibility of finishing this..the yarn is so yummy

13 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

I think all of us have lost our mojo at some point. It happens and then BAM! Back it comes and it feels so good to have it again. Your shawl is very nice and what a great color. It will go with so many things. Zane the Zebra is adorable. What a sweet gift. Can't wait to see the elephant sweater when it is done.

Breathing Life said...

Zane is supper cute. A keeper for sure! I have been there, where you were, losing my knitting mojo. It came back when I was invited to join a knitting group. I am glad it sounds like yours has returned.

Mereknits said...

Hope you are good and not just crazy busy. Love your projects, have a good week.

HighlandHeffalump said...

Your shawl looks good but oh my I LOVE your Zebra...he is super cute. I’m glad your mojo is returning.

Renee Anne said...

Considering that I've done very little crafting of my own, I feel you.....so much. And I'm grumpy when I don't get my crafting time. Maybe that's how I should spin it to myself......

Love the zebra!

Lucy Bowen said...

Well it's brilliant to have you back. The shawl is gorgeous and Zane is wonderful, I'm sure Lucy will cherish him.

Becki said...

That zebra is so cute! And the shawl super colorful. Glad you're glad to be back and it's good to hear your knitting mojo is returning. Funny it sometimes wanes and then it's just BACK!

Alleigh said...

I totally understand loosing your crafting mojo, I've been fighting a bit of that myself, along with having way too many wips.
But you seem to be returning, I love that shawl, it's my favorite shape in shawls. And I imagine that Zebra, even with a new name will be well loved. Can't wait to see your next project, keep the creative juices flowing.

Sam I Am...... said...

I hope everything smooths out for you and your mojo sticks around! I understand the just wanting to knit something simple and the shawl is a good one. Zane the Zebra is precious.

Ruth said...

It's lovely to have you back and I'm glad your mojo has returned. I love how the shawl turned out and what a sweet and cute gift Zane the Zebra is. Looking forward to seeing the Elephant jumper when it's complete.

Kim said...

I think we have all lost our mojo at one time or another--glad to see yours is returning. That zebra is adorable!
xoxo

Paula said...

It is great to see you back! That zebra is adorable.

Stefanie said...

Hey lady, I like that green background for your blog. That's one zippy colorway for a shawl. Two snaps up on that cute zebra; the little one's going to love it.