Thursday, November 25, 2010

Some More LYS visits

I did not post about my visit to three other LYS' this summer.

The first is InDetail Studio. I didn't actually have this one on my list. I was heading out to Granby and out of the corner of my eye saw a big YARN sign. So I turned around and went in. Well it is a Yarn and Bead store! How could you go wrong?

It was a very nice store, a decent selection. I took pictures, but when my computer crashed I lost all but one....


Then I headed out to Marji's Yarncrafts. The owner was on vacation, but the ladies working were very nice. Not quite as knowledgeable, but very friendly. I lost the pictures I took here too. This store is a bit of haul for me, but I might go again.

The last, which I recently visited was Black Sheep Yarns in Kent, CT. Kent was listed in Yankee Magazine as the best "leaf-peeping" area. So I headed over there the weekend before Rhinebeck. It was a little difficult to find, as it is off the main road toward the back of a plaza. There were many empty store fronts or closed store fronts.

It was an adorable shop. Plus she stocks my favorite independent soap maker! Although I did not buy any yarn, I did purchase some needles, some felting materials and a few other things. I was saving my yarn budget for Rhinebeck. I will go back and visit her again, plus it's in a gorgeous area of the state.

No comments: