Friday, November 26, 2010

My Thanksgiving

The Hubs cooked....we had pork roast with roasted potatoes, stuffing, carrots, biscuits and apple pie. (I bought the pie from a fundraiser at school from a local farm).

I crocheted. I know of a ton of babies being born or have been born in the past couple of months.

These are the two sweaters I started yesterday.

The blue one is for a baby shower at work on Wednesday. She knows I'm making her a sweater, but not about the shower. I asked for color choices. It's one of my favorite patterns and is easy to make. The pattern is here. I've made this sweater about 4 or 5 times. The last time I made it, it was way too skinny and I am waiting on the yarn to remake it.

The other is a "Baby, It's Cold Outside" sweater. I have also made this one before. I am making it in a very thick yarn, so it may be more like a coat. The Mom for this one, stops by the blog sometimes. But since she just had the baby, don't think she'll be by soon and I'll give the sweater to her husband this week.

They are both quick to make. Once is all one piece, the other one, I have to piece together. The BICO, because the yarn is so thick is causing sores on my palm. So I have to keep taking breaks from it. The blue sweater, I need to go and get buttons for it tomorrow. I will finish the button band and sew the hood on and then it is complete...

Two sweaters in two days - pretty much....

No comments: