Monday, July 8, 2013

Day 7 - Mount Rushmore or Bust!

ETA:  Thought I'd posted this....internet was sucky last night...and this morning..sorry..

I have taken a ton of pictures, more than I can possibly post...in addition, some of the places we have visited deserve their own separate post, so when I get home, throughout the summer...I'll add more detailed posts....because lord knows I will be vegetating when I get home!  I am T.I.R.E.D! of driving and we are only halfway through our trip!

Yesterday, we started back at the Badlands....we had seen bison the day before, but they were very far away and I was hoping to see them closer.....when we first got to the area, we saw more mountain goats...the day before we had seen 2 rams and a bunch of kids...today!  We saw an entire herd!!!!!


Can you see them?

Then we saw some more prairie dogs..I could watch prairie dogs all day...they are like the American meerkat...nephew..not so impressed....
Then we saw a herd of cattle....coming over the rise I got very excited as I thought they were buffalo (bison), but alas, no......

So we kept going and eventually we saw some bison.....way....off...in...the... distance.......

But then as we were getting close to the exit of the park...there...there...OMG!!!  There is a big bull bison near the side of the road!!!!!
He was walking away from us, but stopped at one point and looked right at us....it was awesome!!!!!!  and we were the only car around!!!

Then back on the road...and eventually we ended up here...
It just took me over 10 minutes to load that last photo....the internet connection here is turtle-paced......

We spent the night in Deadwood, SD...and we are slow starting our morning....I just found out we are near The Sheep Capital of the World....we might need to stop there!!!!!



1 comment:

Handmade by Stefanie said...

Cool photos! I hope to see some photos from the Sheep Capital next!