Sunday, May 4, 2014

YOP #17 and 18

It's been a little over a week since I last posted...I've been busy. Lots to post, just didn't take the time to sit down and do it...so let's start with a YOP update....

Really, I have only finished one new thing...a quick snakey bookmark...
It was to fulfill a Nerd Wars challenge....Nerd Wars has ended another tournament....our team played, but real life happened and we didn't post big this time around....it's okay...next tournament is during the summer, so I'll be around much more.....

I also cast on for a Sooper Seekrit project for the Nerd Girls Swap.....I have a Stargate swap that I need to figure out and start a project for...AND I signed up for an apocalypse swap..just was assigned partner today...lots of swapping going on....

Also started my first MKAL today!  It's the Blood and Fire Daenerys inspired shawl from Jimmy Beans wool...it's really my first true lace project...I had to tink back twice because of missed YO's, but that is it...I'm loving the yarn...but hoping that the next clues don't take me all day (I did take breaks, but pretty much that's what I did today....s.l.o.w k.n.i.t.t.e.r)
The color is a bit darker than what was captured....

I have been working on my Colored Wings and am on the fifth wedge (no picture update)...I may be knitting this really loose, not sure how many wedges I'll get...thinking of ordering another skein...

I did not finish my dissertation, but got pretty far...

Front and back (missing belt that connects the top with the skirt part)
Beginning of sleeve one


Hopefully I'll post some more of my very busy week......

2014 Completed Projects: 
Gift Cowl 1/3/2014
17/17 Hats for students (December/January 2014)
Chicago Mitts (1/15/14)
Take Two Cowl (1/11/14)
Take Three Cowl  (1/22/14)
Twin Cowl (1/23/14)  
It's a Flesh Wound cowl (2/3/14)
BOK BOK (2/23) Ravellenics
Rainbar (2/22) Ravellenics
Rainmitts (2/22) Ravellenics

Rainbow Pom (2/9) Ravellenics
Helmetbow (2/22) Ravellenics
Jasper Hat and Mitts (2/23)

Elegant Downton Hat for swap (3/16/14)
Leprechaun Tam and Beard (3/16/14)
Baby Jacob Hat (3/23/14)
Sockhead Hat (3/28/14)
Dr. Who Scarf (2/13/14)
Oliver's Hat (4/8/14)
Crochet Crown (4/6/14)
Crochet Mermaid Barrette (4/6/14)
Crochet Rose Barrette (4/6/14)
Bunny Hat (4/17/14)
Snake bookmark (4/28/14)

WIPS: Crochet:
Mission Falls Poncho: (Started 2006)
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden)
Aran Blanket: (Started 2009): two panels done
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done
Betty Shrug: I don’t know how long I’ve been working on this, but it only has an arm and a border to go.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done.Orange cotton wrap (started ?)
Tis the Season (11/10/13)
Tabard Tunic (NW Diss 2/1/14)
 Zelda Cloche


Knit:
Learn to Knit Afghan: (started 2010): 3 squares done
Knit the Sky (1/1/14)
Light in Shadows (1/14/14)
Tutti-Frutti Cowl (12/31/14)
Colored Wings (2/8/14)

Fire and Blood (5/4/14)
Sooper Seekret (4/3/14)

Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012)
Faces in Wallpaper (Sept 2013)
Adele Socks (April 2013)
H's Everyday Socks (Jan 2013)  
Johnny's Socks (Jan 2013)

Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011)
Larry Stashbuster Scarf (2012)
Bags:
Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in
Misc:
Sunflower: (August 2012) Need a back and to felt
Water Bottle Cozy
 

Gifts/Charity: 
Owl for Rose
Hats for friend's babies
2 Stargate keychains
1 pair Stargate earrings  
1pair fingerless gloves

WIMs: Projects I have the yarn and the pattern
Sweaters:
Baroque Tabard Tunic
Test Pattern Sweater
Car Coat
Cowl Vest
 

Shawls/Scarves/Cowls 
Rockefeller
Wholehearted
West End Scarf 
Gathering Leaves
Alhambra
Petal Edge Scarf
Filippi Scarf 
Firefly Scarf 
Fraxinus 
Danube Cowl
Simple City
Fire and Ice
Multnomah
Leylines 
Holden Shawlette
Daybreak
Trellis Shawl
Bedford Springs Shawl   
 

Hats and Mitts
Hermione Hearts Ron
Nehalm Hat
Felicity
Stellar
Cabled Headband
Fetching  
Cayunga Hat and Mitts set
Preposterous
Ruffled hat and mitts
Evergreen Gloves
Sheepy Cuffs
Twisted Rib Mitts and Hat
 
Socks:
Memento Mori
Rubus
Siren Socks
Hey, Have I Ever Steered You Wrong?
Savory Lace Socks
Autumn Flame
Firebird
Rescue Me, Chin Boy and Show Me the Stars
Twin peaks
 

Bags:
Sarape Shopper
Pleated Purse
Circular Felted Bag


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a busy week you have and lots going on, love the shawl and with lace when your new to it sometimes your better being slow and steady because frogging back is a nightmare!

Unknown said...

Wow! Lots of projects to admire in this posts! The snakey bookmark is just too cute! And the Blookd and Fire shawl looks amazing!! The colors are just captivating! Good luck with all your swaps, have fun and have a lovely week!

Christine said...

Nerd Wars was a blast! I did well with my competition pieces. I am looking forward to the next Nerd wars!

Lucy Bowen said...

You have been busy!! When I did my first lace shawl I lost count of the number of times I had to go back!!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Lace is fun, and it feels like you've done a magic trick after you've blocked it, but be warned .... the rows just get longer and longer and longer, I guess that's why I seldom knit shawls:) Pretty yarn!