Saturday, January 3, 2015

It's Saturday, right?

When not at work, it's tough to keep track of the days....

So before I even read about this challenge, to focus on patterns you already own...(the linkups will be on Tuesdays) on Snapdragon's blog

http://snapdragoncrafts.blogspot.com/

 I had decided to focus on Clara Parkes The Knitter's Book of Socks this year...

I've admired Minding My Own Stitches, as she has worked her way through several books...the latest being Knit.Sock.Love.  Although I have that book, I feel as if I am not yet proficient enough...so I figured I'd start with Clara's book (I feel as if I can call her Clara since I met her at Rhinebeck two years ago..) since it really does start more basic and add the skills...

I was also planning on using stash, as I have most of the yarn used in the book....but then I went to my LYS anniversary sale and saw this...
and since it was the yarn she used in the first pattern, Malabrigo Rios (I'm on a Malabrigo kick)...and man I have wanted this color forever..I decided I'd use this for my first pair....(psst..it's Lettuce, by the way)

So I have started..
The color is more the first picture....

There are 20 patterns in the book...I doubt I'll get through all 20 this year....but I'm excited about learning..and hopefully my socks will start to fit better....and then I can tackle some of the many other sock knitting books I own (I went a bit crazy when Borders closed)






6 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Fun! Good luck! That sure is a bright green. Happy New Year! Tammy

Unknown said...

LOVEEEEE the color!!!Eek! I need to get my yarn wound! I guess I was still waiting for January to get here. LOL

Renee Anne said...

I've often thought about going through a book as well....just haven't yet :)

Unknown said...

I was bought a (I think) lionbrand book of sock knits and some of the accompanying yarn, which will make perfect socks for everyday usage, I am totally going through the whole book after my current project, which is using up some leftover sweater yarn to make mittens/a headband.

Sam I Am...... said...

Oh, that is the (awesomest; is that a word?), most awesome green and lettuce is a perfect name. The sock book looks like a good one; not too complicated. Good for you getting in on sales!

Tahnee said...

Intense green, I love it! Good luck with all the new socks.