Thursday, March 8, 2018

Krista Suh and Aurora Lady

On February 10, I went to a meet and greet at Madison Wool.  I met Krista Suh, designer of the P_ssyhat and Aurora Lady, who has done many of the illustrations that has accompanied it.  They were promoting a new book...
I was joined by my yarny BFF, Maureen...it was a lot of fun....Krista mainly talked and explained how she came up with the idea.  I was surprised to learn she was a newish knitter.  She was very engaging and it was interesting.

I wore my red, white and blue P-ssyhat.

I have to say I loved meeting Aurora Lady.....it was like we were long-lost friends!  She is married to a member of Nerf Herder, the band that did the Buffy the Vampire Slayer theme song!

We were geeking out about similar things when Maureen took this picture....she also knows Wil Wheaton! I spent the rest of the night going...I was one degree from Wil Wheaton!

Later that night, we went to Fuse Fiber Studios for an Open House with Fuse Fiber and Once Upon a Corgi.  I didn't take any pictures, so bummed these....the first is from Maureen...
The second is from Clarisajo....we've been Insta-friends for awhile and finally met...
Funnily enough, we have mutual real-life friends.....

I did buy some yarn while there....some Hedgehog from Madison Wool

Once Upon A Corgi - That Ain't No Moon
It's on Cecil, an Aran weight..and is 100% Blue-faced Leicester

Fuse Fiber Fuse Sock in Mardi Gras
It was a great night!!!!

1 comment:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Looks like a fun time for sure!