Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Stitch Along: Week 10

Good evening!  We had another SNOW DAY today!  Too many, and they may not be done yet for the season...hopefully it won't be as bad as a couple years ago when we went almost to July...no a/c in the majority of the building....we literally melt out of our seats from the sweat....and no one can focus...sigh...

So I signed my house closing papers today!  Yeah!  It is almost done.  It is a two family.  We have lived in the first floor apartment for 26 years!!!!  We are buying it as investment property and we got a VERY good deal...the landlord had been asking us to buy for probably 10 years....
This was coming home from that!!!!!

Then I spent the day watching tv and knitting....knitted on some socks...
Not two-at-a-time, but more concurrently...think I may do them all this way!  I have bought a TON of 9 inch circulars!

And put on another stripe on these guys....

I also started something and finished it, but it's not looking so great without blocking, but it was this

I had to hunt for some orange yarn...then found some from Turtle Creek Farm in Sunset Orange...it's a lighter orange...in 100% Coopworth, so hopefully not too itchy....I'll wear it tomorrow after a steaming in the morning...since tomorrow is the official walk-out date.  Our high school is planning a walkout, although not the elementary schools.  But we have a PD on school safety later at the HS...(it's 1/2 day for students) So I'll post a picture on Friday....

So how was your week?  I feel like I'm speaking into a void some days, and I know lots of people are no longer keeping blogs....anyway, here you go, if you'd like to link up....





4 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Congrats on the house closing.

I have never tried the 9" circulars. They do fascinate me though. Where they hard to get used to?

Stefanie said...

Your sock WIP's are really fun. How exciting you'll be homeowners! That's great the landlord liked you that much to be asking you to buy half or the whole building (?) for the past 10 years. That person has heart, something I learned about when house hunting three years ago; the seller either cares about the moola or has heart and really wants his/her home to go to a good family. I also learned how sell ourselves in a cover letter. Third time was the charm.

Babajeza said...

I'm happy about some almost-spring days. However, the temperatures are going to drop again on the weekend. Ahhhhh! I'm still here, but not as active as usual. Too much work, too less time for blogging and reading and commenting. All the best! Regula

Paula said...

Congratulations on your house purchase!

How do you like the 9" circulars? I tried the Addi FlexiFlips which are close to the same size and they did not work well for me.