Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day 4–3KCBWDAY4

6774275964_e2e5651cee

Day 4 - A Knitter or Crocheter For All Seasons?

As spring is in the air in the northern hemisphere and those in the southern hemisphere start setting their sights for the arrival of winter, a lot of crocheters and knitters find that their crafting changes along with their wardrobe. Have a look through your finished projects and explain the seasonality of your craft to your readers. Do you make warm woollens the whole year through in preparation for the colder months, or do you live somewhere that never feels the chill and so invest your time in beautiful homewares and delicate lace items. How does your local seasonal weather affect your craft?

Well first off, I don’t really make things for the home.  Sure I see the garlands and the pillows and think they are adorable, just doesn’t work for me.  I’ve made a couple dishcloths and a couple afghans, that’s about it.

So what do I make?  I make a lot of accessories.  Scarves, fingerless gloves, hats….hats are my favorite thing to make and wear and I wear hats all the time…check out some of these:

000_0022 San Diego in July

DSC04225 Last summer (and first hat I ever crocheted)

DSC03391 My bestest friend, she’s in the top picture too and took the second picture…

DSC00960 Last Fall at Rhinebeck with a new friend.

DSC04015 At one of the many sheep and wool festivals I’ve been to…

DSC02322 Last week…

DSC02222 Current favorite (see there’s that green thing again)

DSC02487 Newest hat…

So I will make a hat and wear a hat any time of the year.

Now the other thing that I make in warm weather are amiguramis….oh I love making these!

Husky Bear Husky bear made for Dad in Corpus Christi.

DSC02138 Owl made for a swap with SuddenExpression (she may now need the baby owl to go along with it)

keira bear For a friend’s baby

crochet complete 044 For the fun of it

DSC02167 Dora the doorstop, for my classroom door

Moss Moss, for a friend

DSC02200 And Wil-key with a stylin’ hat!

You get the idea?

Do you want to see more, type in 3NCBWDAY4…..

6 comments:

Sue ~ Granny's World said...

I like your hats they suit you. Me on the other hand looks awful in a hat.

I have the same problem not being able access blogger at work very frustrating

Pirate said...

Adorable hats! Now that I've learned to crochet, I'm going to have to start making some more "summer-weight" hats for myself, things to keep the sun off rather than to keep the warmth in!

kathy b said...

Your Rhinebeck look is great!!!

Suzanne said...

Lovely hats! Hats are great projects since they don't take too long and you can always use another hat. Amigurumi is indeed so much fun! Many many patterns on the web, have fun making them!

Anonymous said...

Haha, the owl is in the baby's room now! All my owls are, actually!

Anonymous said...

Haha, the owl is in the baby's room now! All my owls are, actually!