Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 7–3KCBWDAY7

6774275964_e2e5651cee

Day 7 - Crafting Balance

Are you a knitter or a crocheter, or are you a bit of both? If you are monogamous in your yarn-based crafting, is it because you do not enjoy the other craft or have you simply never given yourself the push to learn it? Is it because the items that you best enjoy crafting are more suited to the needles or the hook? Do you plan on ever trying to take up and fully learn the other craft? If you are equally comfortable knitting as you are crocheting, how do you balance both crafts? Do you always have projects of each on the go, or do you go through periods of favouring one over the other? How did you come to learn and love your craft(s)?

I consider myself a crocheter.  I still believe I am a beginning knitter….I know some things, but am still learning.

As I posted earlier, I really never felt the need to learn to knit, since I made so many things through crochet.  But the socks got me…sure I can crochet socks, but the knit ones are so much more beautiful….

A couple weeks ago, I was only working on knit projects, but I feel guilty when I do that….

I think crochet is like the ugly step-child of the needlearts world….it’s easily forgotten…and not given a lot of respect as a beautiful and useful craft, because of it’s sometimes “ugly” past…..

I’ve gone into LYS, which have the bare minimum of crochet supplies, but are chock full of knitting supplies…and many LYS owners don’t know how to crochet…

I was reading a flyer yesterday for a needlearts day at a local historical house…the only craft left off the flyer was crochet….

And I feel many people learn to knit and leave crochet behind…I don’t want to be one of those people….I will always be loyal to my crochet hook…

And lets not get started with needlefelting and cross-stitch…yeah I have those supplies too, but have yet to venture into that realm…..

bicraftual

No comments: