Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 6–3KCBWDAY6

6774275964_e2e5651cee

Day 6 - Improving Your Skillset

How far down the road to learning your craft do you believe yourself to be? Are you comfortable with what you know or are you always striving to learn new skills and add to your knowledge base? Take a look at a few knitting or crochet books and have a look at some of the skills mentioned in the patterns. Can you start your amigurumi pieces with a magic circle, have you ever tried double knitting, how's your intarsia? If you are feeling brave, make a list of some of the skills which you have not yet tried but would like to have a go at, and perhaps even set yourself a deadline of when you'd like to have tried them by.

Knitting – I am a new knitter…so I have much to learn.  Like cast-ons, I only know the long tail method.  So there is a lot for me to  learn.

Crochet – Well there are some methods I have not tried yet.  I learned the basic Tunisian stitch this past year and would like to learn more of this, as it produces a neat fabric.

DSC01419

I’m also interested in learning Crocodile Stitch – How neat looking is that?

And Hairpin Lace, it produces some really pretty projects.

Today was the first topic I did not pre-prepare….and I am now off to the Connecticut Sheep and Wool.  A small one day festival…..but I will come home with yarn!

I am looking to improve my knitting skill set (and it is for a good cause) by joining the Wholehearted KAL and will be looking for yarn for that.

If you’d like to read more, please plug 3KCBWDAY6 into your search engine…Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

Renee Anne said...

The knitted CO isn't that difficult. Really. It's basically like knitting but instead of moving from your left to right needle, you knit from your left needle and put the new stitch back onto your left needle and then wash, rinse, repeat.

Honestly, it's not difficult. And it's really nice when you have to CO a ton of stitches (think blanket or socks).

Chrissy said...

I love Crocodile Stitch. It looks amazing and really want to learn how to do it.

Pirate said...

I learned the cable cast-on for the Dancing Cranes stole that I'm working on - can't imagine a double-stranded long-tail 300 stitch cast on, ugh! It wasn't difficult at all, though I'd probably have to look up how to do it again for next time.

Crocodile stitch looks amazing! I want to use it in something Right Now! :)