Wednesday, April 11, 2012

WIP- Socks

I have been bitten by the sock bug….well I was bitten a long time ago…it’s really the only reason that I have been learning to knit.  Sure there are other gorgeous things out there to knit…but socks…YUM!

Before I could even knit socks, I started buying books (many of these I got when Borders went out of business)

DSC02313 Any of them do you especially recommend, or not?

I love Cookie A’s books…the pictures are to die for!  And I have started my first Cookie A pattern…the ever beautiful Kai-Mei…every time I saw them I was in love…I even bought the specific yarn she used…

I have 2 finished pair….my light green vanilla pair from Knitmore Girls Podcast and a really awful pair that I bought and royally messed up from Tsarina of Tsocks.  These were really my first pair, although I finished the vanilla ones first. 

So why this travel down sock lane?

DSC02310 I am working on three pair at the moment. 

The pair on the right are my Jaywalkers, the second sock I just ripped back to the cuff, as a bunch of stitches had fallen of the needles.

My Shifting Sands, I completed one, but it’s a tad short, but also a bit baggy.  And I started my Kai-Mei, the green on the bottom….Next week is vacation, I hope to finish at least one pair, hopefully two…I have many other projects to get to…and so many more socks!

This came today

DSC02319 It’s the new yarn for Cookie A’s Sock Club, yes I HAD to join! I haven’t looked at the pattern yet….

Books? You ask, what am I reading?  Well I’ve got a bit of ADD with books lately…these are the ones I have started (or restarted – The Hunger Games – rereading after having seen the movie)

DSC02309 Dance of Dragons, I am savoring, as it’ll be a long time before the next book….most of the rest are books I’m reading in school….but I have several started on the nook too…..

DSC_0041-1

tami_wip

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too ma completely addicted to knitting socks at the moment. I'm loving the book you're working from. May have to check that one out!

purplepear said...

I started my first socks just a few weeks ago and am very close to being finished but have go a bit sidetracked with other projects.

Unknown said...

I love knitting socks. I can't decide what my next project should be but the more I think about it, it really should be socks. Those are my favorite things to knit!

Heather said...

I love your stack of books. It is what happens to me weekly it seems. So many books to read, not enough time! And I love reading from my nook, it makes knitting at the same time much more manageable :-)

HannahW said...

Nothing more comforting than knitted socks!

I am popping in from Tami's WIP Wednesday. My project is here..
http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/04/how-to-tuesday-bunnys-birthday-dress.html

HannahW said...

Nothing more comforting than knitted socks!

I am popping in from Tami's WIP Wednesday. My project is here..
http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/04/how-to-tuesday-bunnys-birthday-dress.html

HannahW said...

So many are making great socks.. maybe I should learn how to :)

I am popping in from Tami's WIP Wednesday. My project is here..
http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/04/how-to-tuesday-bunnys-birthday-dress.html

Ellen said...

I haven't made too many socks, but I do love socks. Especially striped ones. I wish I could knit a pair of very long socks that would fit and stay up so I could wear them under long skirts (hate those pantyhose).

A Faithful Journey said...

I have not yet knitted my first pair of socks, but I am sure to be bitten by that same bug when I do! :)

karen said...

I'm knitting socks too. Love the yarn you have there!!

Vivianne said...

I am still refusing to knit socks. I have seen the obsessive behavior ;-)

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

I have Socks a la Carte, too, but I haven't actually made any socks from it. It's fun to look at :). I'm more of a sock imaginer than a sock maker myself.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Lots of great sock knitting books there! I particularly love patterns from Stephanie vander Linden and Nancy Bush. Always well written!

Watch out with Sock Innovation - check for errata online before you go too far. I've found numerous mistakes in that one! But the patterns are just gorgeous!

Cheryl said...

I love knitting socks, but I only have one sock book. Now I'm wondering what I'm missing. Maybe once I've done all the socks in my first book! Happy knitting (and holiday).

Unknown said...

I have two socks on needles as well. I am knitting Achillea by Kristen Kapur and a toe up Monkeys. I love Cookie's sock book. I have several tagged to make. I heard there is a new Charlene Harris book out soon. Not my usual tale, but a delightful quick read.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

One can never own enough socks--especially warm wooly ones in winter. They will make wonderful gifts!