Friday, August 3, 2012

Finishes on a Friday

I have a couple of things I have finished...today I finished the scarf that was just a skein of yarn on Wednesday.  I ended up not doing an edging because 1.  I didn't have enough yarn and 2. I tried just a sc and hated the way it looked...the colors didn't line up...but I did another repeat and I'm happy with it...My Rainbow Boteh
I love how it looks all folded up....

I also have a bunch of hats in various stages, so I finished one up...these are going into a collection of hats that I will donate to my school...

This is yarn that was gifted to me by an online friend....every now and then, we send packages to each other...it's my turn...I don't know what the yarn is but feels like a mixture of cotton and acrylic.

In addition, yesterday I received this in the mail...

It's the new Random Fandom, Can You Picture That - inspired by The Electric Mayhem from The Muppets.....I love this yarn!  I love that it has sparklies....I want socks....glorious, glorious socks!

And today is my 44th birthday!  I don't feel that old, well maybe my joints do....I wonder what the day will bring?

Please go to these great places to read some more! Tami, Natural Suburbia, and Wisdom Begins in Wonder...

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your rainbow boteh. Its gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Happy, Happy, Birthday..and the rainbow boteh doesn't need an edge. It looks wonderful as is..

Handmade by Stefanie said...

Wow, that is so pretty!

WonderWhyGal said...

Happy Birthday! I love that new yarn. It looks yummy. Your scarf is great too. I like the design. How does it wear or how is it worn?

Nicky said...

That scarf is too adorable and I agree ... no edging!!!! It's fine the way it is!

And on another note -- HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! Hope your day is wonderful. Best wishes to you for many many more!

Unknown said...

A late happy birthday :)
Your Rainbow Boteh looks lovely and that Random fandom looks really yummy.

Andria said...

Oh my goodness that scarf is amazing! I love hats, I'm always working on one! And that yarn.....I wish such wonderful things came in the post for me!

Heather Woollove said...

The scarf is fantastic!! I absolutely love rainbow-colored things, and the shades are divine! XXO-

Gloria said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Can't wait to see your socks with sparklies, your boteh is gorgeous ♥

AllyB said...

Your scarf is beautiful, great colors and such an interesting pattern. I'll have to go check that out. I enjoy a quick crochet project once in a while and I'm sure that somewhere in the middle of this big blankie I'm working on I'll need a little break. Thanks for sharing.