Monday, March 28, 2011

Knitting and Crochet Blog Week


Day One: 28th March. A Tale of Two Yarns.
Part of any fiber enthusiast’s hobby is an appreciation of yarn. Choose two yarns that you have either used, are in your stash or which you yearn after and capture what it is you love or loathe about them.
Fiber enthusiast I am…actually great hoarder of yarn I have become…To choose just two…well let’s talk about Zen String Lotus Toes in Secret Garden.
DSC03549 I first saw this yarn in a swap on Ravelry.  I had nothing to offer for it, but I feel in love with it. 
For me, it’s all about color first.  I have to love the color.  I don’t dislike many colors, but I tend to gravitate to greens, purples and fall colors.  I tried to find some online, but no luck…So I just waited…
Eventually it was put up again, and I was able to get it this time.  I love this yarn!  Plus the name is Secret Garden and that is my favorite childhood book.  It is a fingering weight and I’m not sure what I will make with it, but I am so happy to have it finally in my stash!  Zen String is now Wildflower Whimsy and I have purchased some more yarn from her.  It recently was the yarn used for my Seedling hat.
My second yarn would have to be Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Worsted.  I never planned on buying this, but the Zombie BBQ name got me…then I felt the squishiness of the skein and I had to have it.  It is my absolute favorite yarn I have worked with so far.  I have bought another skein in Amish and have bought some other Lorna’s Laces.  I think I am a convert…..
DSC02869 The Zombie BBQ
and the Amish.DSC03550Not sure yet what I am making with the Amish….but it will be fabulously squishy!

If you would like to read other tales of yarn, please go here or type in 2KCBWDAY1.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Just popping in to say "hi" as part of Knit Crochet Blog Week

www.knitterofhatsspeaks.blogspot.com

Katha said...

love the secret garden! where did you get it from?

Unknown said...

ooh, Lorna's Laces - they have so many lovely yarns. They have a knack for great names too! I just got a bunch of their worsted weight in "Kerfluffle!" - that makes me giggle!

Where the nodding violets grow said...

I love the secret garden one. I can understand why you wanted it so.

Voie de Vie said...

And I must admit, the colorway's name - Zombie BBQ - is a big reason why I haven't given it a second look. That, and the crocheted shawl I've seen it used for in IC. Oh well, so much for different tastes, eh?

Love that Secret Garden colorway, though!

Keri said...

I've heard so much good buzz about the Zombie Bbq. I think I really need to try it soon.

Mel said...

I want to own yarn called Zombie bbq, just for the name lol