Thursday, March 14, 2013

Grandma

On Sunday I woke up to a Facebook message from a cousin that she was on her way to the hospital, as our Grandma had been admitted. I called her, she was a mess..Grandma had pretty much raised her....Grandma passed away at 5:00 my time...

Grandma moved to the Houston area about 24 years ago.  I live in Connecticut, and right now can't take the trip to Houston...so I am experiencing it all through my little cousin.

Grandma taught me to crochet....and she used to make us crochet slippers every Christmas...my first completed project was a GIANT red, white and blue granny square afghan that I gave to her....She had it for many years...not sure what happened to it...

Although I hadn't been close to her in many years, last saw her three years ago...when I was younger and she lived here I spent a lot of time with her...spending weekends at her house....
My Grandma at my wedding with my Uncle Frank

My cousins and I in my Grandma's kitchen before they all moved to Texas.  I am in contact with the girl, Kerry.  The two boys are brothers.  At once time or another, we all lived with Grandma.  In fact, the youngest boy int he picture, Jessie, was still living with Grandma.

Grandma you were loved and you will be missed...

(and I don't think she wants this posted, as it keeps disappearing and this is the third time I've reposted it!)

5 comments:

lori said...

It really does sound like she was loved, and that she was an extraordinarily loving person, since all of you lived with her at some point. I'm so sorry for your loss; even if you hadn't been really close the last few years, it's still a big loss. And when someone dies, we come face to face with forever, which is always so hard. Sending you a big hug sweet Tammy.

Linda said...

I am so sorry to read about your loss, my thoughts are with you.

Babajeza said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Grandmas are special.

Paula said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. May your grandma rest in peace.

Renee Anne said...

I'm sorry to hear about it :(

That's one of my biggest fears living here in California while most of my family is back in Wisconsin.