Saturday, March 9, 2013

Stash Enhancement Saturday - Big Edition

No real crafting this week, but did some acquiring this week....

I did mention the yarn I bought when we went away and I visited two yarn shops in my last Stash Acquisition Saturday post.  I also mentioned my latest Random Fandom..To The Batcave..So what are the latest enhancements to the STASH???  I really should write it in capitals, because it is so LARGE....

Well let's see....the very latest was a visit to a local yarn shop..that is GOING OUT OF BUSINESS...which always sucks...it's in the next town over...and I didn't frequent it often, as they tended to just have basic yarn and supplies...I would visit the one in my town for those, plus other goodies she stocks...Funny thing is I heard about this going out of business from another LYS owner an hour away, when I went to pick up the yarn she held for me...

There is not much of a sale going on yet...things will go more on sale as the month progresses....but she didn't have a ton of stock either...there was a 25% off table, so I got 5 skeins of Tahki Yarn Rio..it's Alpaca/Merino/Silk...It's going to be a winter hat....
I also picked up one skein of Cascade Yarns Venezia..which is a Merino Silk....this will be a cowl.




Last Sunday I headed down to Madison Wool in Madison, CT...Dayna is a savvy shop owner and she posts regular updates of new yarns on Facebook....and, of course, I saw one I liked..so she held it for me...Fable Fibers, a MCN yarn in White Birch!
I also decided I needed a red beret....so I got some Aussi Sock in Cherry Tomato
In the Mail????

I received the Latest Random Fandom...My Transformation is supposed to be a dignified experience! inspired by Ambassador Deleen of Babylon 5.
I also purchased some Nerd Girl Yarns, when she was having a one day sale in January...here goes!
Believing Takes Practice (not on sale) Inspired by A Wrinkle in Time
Extremely Silly Hats
How Dare You Defy Your Master (Harry Potter)
24 Hour Pork
 

Not on Sale...but been wanting it was Girl on Fire
I just found out that there is a Katniss sock pattern...Oh My!  I'd have to think about those and maybe plan them....I'd love for the dark to be on the foot and the lighter colors climbing the leg...

Also in the Mail was my latest from the Mad Geek Club...I chose the Steampunk option this round...this month was Beware the Kraken
Last months was Verdigris
I've been a bit surprised at the colors, as Steampunk to me, means more dark and brooding...but I don't dislike the colors and it's always fun to see someone else's interpretation...I'll be seeing Mad Color in person next weekend at the North Shore Yarn Crawl....she said she has a new sock yarn I'll like...so I've been holding off buying online from her, as I do tend to see her every couple of months at a Fiber show of some kind....

I also received a swap package this month with two balls of an unknown yarn company
It's slightly felted....I'll probably make a hat with it...and donate it...

I think that is about it.....as mentioned next weekend, I'm off on a Yarn Crawl, so they'll be more stash acquisition.....it makes me happy...
















4 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm so happy to see that I'm not the only one buying yarn! You got some nice stuff!

Not to be an enabler, but the swedish yarn shop Friday Studios is having a yarn club for April/May/June with the theme The Hunger Games. I'm very, very tempted to join, and it seems like it would suit you too...

I LOVE the girl on fire yarn! And its' very nice to see the Steampunk yarns, as I'm in the Doctor Who club instead. Can't wait until the end of March when we get our bags :)

/ Jenny

Renee Anne said...

I do love stash enhancement....though I need to quit doing it and work with what I've got. ::sigh::

Chrissy said...

If you are a Hunger Games fan, my friend designed a shawl called Rue's Wings which is very pretty.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Ha! I'm trying to stash bush and you are over the enhancing your stash. :) Lots of nice yarn there. You've been busy making all sorts of wonderful things. I wish weekends lasted longer -- just never enough time for me to do all I want (we are back to school tomorrow since the weekend here is Friday/Saturday). Have a great rest of the weekend in your neck of the woods. Tammy