Sunday, March 3, 2013

YOP: Week 9

Ya' know, every week I type YPO and have to correct it...sigh..

If you read my blog, you know that this was the end of round 1 of tournament 7 of Nerd Wars...and I had a couple of finishes that were not on my list...many times for Nerd Wars, I'm not sure what to make and then I get inspiration and BAM!!...I just start crocheting or knitting...crocheting mostly...

So I made a Chocolate Peep this past week...and I also whipped up a Czech Republic washcloth for Radek Zelenka of Stargate Atlantis....those were my only two finishes...

I did start my Green Spring sweater, which is my Nerd Wars dissertation this tournament...I tend not to finish my dissertation and didn't attempt one last tournament....but this is being made with Mad Color yarn..and I'm going to see Heather in 2 weeks at the North Shore Yarn Crawl, so I want to show her the beginning of it..

So I have 2 quick project finishes and 1 start of a large project....I also cast on my second So Cazh..and have 1 round done...and worked two more rounds on the H socks...

I'm heading out today to visit a favorite LYS..it's about an hour away on the shore...she's holding some yarn for me....we'll see what else I come home with :)

YTD Completed:
Crown for Natalie: 1/5/2013
Sparkie the Monster: 1/21/2013
Casseiopia Shawl:  2/9/13
Crikey Cowl: 2/10/13
Feet Blankets: 2/12/13
Eros the Owl: 2/16/13
Ladder Up: 2/20/13
Chocolate Peep: 2/26/13
Czech Republic flag: 2/27/13

WIPS:
Crochet:
Mission Falls Poncho: (Started 2006)
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden)
Aran Blanket: (Started 2009): two panels done
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done
Betty Shrug: I don’t know how long I’ve been working on this, but it only has an arm and a border to go.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done.
Saturn Sweater:  Dissertation for T7 (February 2013)

Deep Blue Seas (January 2013)
The Trellis Shawl (February 2013)

Knit:
Learn to Knit Afghan: (started 2010): 3 squares done

Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012)
Beaded Camo Socks: (July 2012)
Hermione's Everyday Socks (January 2013)
A Heart Full of Love: Johnny's Socks (January 2013)
Business Casual (February 2013)

Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011)
Larry Stashbuster Scarf (2012)
Breath of Fresh Air Scarf: (April 2011)
Creekbed: (Feb 2012)

Bags:
Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in
Really Big Bag (2011): Stashbuster

Charity:


Hats:


Misc:
Sunflower: (August 2012) Need a back and to felt

Gifts: 

Nerd Wars:
 T7R1:

WIMs: Projects I have the yarn and the pattern
Sweaters:
Baroque Tabard Tunic
Test Pattern Sweater
Car Coat
Cowl Vest

Shawls/Scarves/Cowls 
Bedford Springs Shawl
Rockefeller
Wholehearted
The Age of Brass and Steam
West End Scarf 
Gathering Leaves
Alhambra
Petal Edge Scarf
Filippi Scarf 
Firefly Scarf
Fraxinus
Danube Cowl
Simple City
Fire and Ice
Multnomah
Leylines 

Hats and Mitts
Hermione Hearts Ron
Nehalm Hat
Felicity
Stellar
Cabled Headband
Fetching
Cayunga Hat and Mitts set
Preposterous
Ruffled hat and mitts
Evergreen Gloves


Socks:
Memento Mori
Rubus
Siren Socks
Hey, Have I Ever Steered You Wrong?
Savory Lace Socks
Autumn Flame
Firebird

Bags:
Sarape Shopper
Pleated Purse

8 comments:

Babajeza said...

What a beautiful green! Happy spring! Regula

Sam I Am...... said...

I love your "Peep"..too cute and the cowl with that beautiful yarn and who could resist the crown...we all need one of those!
I also adore the owl....stunning! Have a great week!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Gorgeous green! I hope you finish your dissertation this time :)

Unknown said...

Well done on the couple of finishes and I love the green. Hoping you get your dissertation done this time.

Kim said...

The peep is brilliant! I really have no clue what Nerd Wars is, but I see it mentioned a lot...and lit looks like you are doing well with it. Your sweater is lovely and I hope you can find the motivation to finish it---if your blog background is any indication of where you actually live, I would think that might be motivation enough! ;)
Happily, I am visiting my favorite lys today with my friend--it is always a fun time when we go. I hope to have something yummy to share next week too.
Have a great week--
*smiles*

Unknown said...

ahh..too bad I have more chemo or I would have joined you on the crawl..think of me as you pass the directional signs directing you to cape cod!

Angela at Knit Luck said...

That is one epic list of projects! Hope you had a great trip to the LYS!

Emma (GirlAnachronismE) said...

Love the green sweater, looks like you're getting on really well with it! And yay for finishes, the peep is very cute!