Sunday, March 24, 2013

YOP: Week 12

I have two finishes this week, but will save them for Friday...I also need to post a couple things to Nerd Wars this weekend.

It was a really tough week at work....state testing....kids freaking out....this coming week, we have one more day of testing, as we had a snow delay last Tuesday....then I have a workshop on Tuesday and there is no school Friday...also this Thursday is the last day of two of my most challenging students.

I planned on spending this weekend crafting and correcting papers....I crafted all day Saturday and completed my Deep Blue Seas Cowl....then I started a totally cute project that deserves it's own post....and a mini-project that goes with it...

I've also put some work into my dissertation sweater....On Sunday I will begin the decreasing under the arms....although I may leave it more boxy, as I prefer the boxier fit than a fitted sweater..

I added a couple of projects to my gifts category....I also need to come up with a swap gift and a couple of ROAK type gifts..I also need to make some more Stargate earrings and a couple of Stargate keychains.

YTD Completed:
Crown for Natalie: 1/5/2013
Sparkie the Monster: 1/21/2013
Casseiopia Shawl:  2/9/13
 
Crikey Cowl: 2/10/13
Feet Blankets: 2/12/13   
Eros the Owl: 2/16/13 
Ladder Up: 2/20/13
Chocolate Peep: 2/26/13 
Czech Republic flag: 2/27/13  
So Cazh Socks: 3/9/13  
Deep Blue Seas 3/23/13
"So Totally Cute" 3/23/13

WIPS:
Crochet:
Mission Falls Poncho: (Started 2006)
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden)
Aran Blanket: (Started 2009): two panels done
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done
Betty Shrug: I don’t know how long I’ve been working on this, but it only has an arm and a border to go.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done.
Saturn Sweater:  Dissertation for T7 (February 2013)
The Trellis Shawl (February 2013) - frogged 3/9/13

Knit:
Learn to Knit Afghan: (started 2010): 3 squares done

Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012)
Beaded Camo Socks: (July 2012)
Hermione's Everyday Socks (January 2013)
A Heart Full of Love: Johnny's Socks (January 2013)

Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011)
Larry Stashbuster Scarf (2012)
Breath of Fresh Air Scarf: (April 2011)
Creekbed: (Feb 2012)

Bags:

Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in
Really Big Bag (2011): Stashbuster


Charity:



Hats:



Misc:
Sunflower: (August 2012) Need a back and to felt

Gifts: 
Owl for Rose
Hats for Beckett
2 Stargate keychains
1 pair Stargate earrings
 
WIMs: Projects I have the yarn and the pattern 
Sweaters:

Baroque Tabard Tunic
Test Pattern Sweater
Car Coat
Cowl Vest

Shawls/Scarves/Cowls 
Bedford Springs Shawl
Rockefeller
Wholehearted
The Age of Brass and Steam
West End Scarf 
Gathering Leaves
Alhambra
Petal Edge Scarf
Filippi Scarf 
Firefly Scarf
Fraxinus
Danube Cowl

Simple City
Fire and Ice
Multnomah
Leylines 


Hats and Mitts
Hermione Hearts Ron
Nehalm Hat
Felicity
Stellar
Cabled Headband
Fetching
Cayunga Hat and Mitts set
Preposterous

Ruffled hat and mitts
Evergreen Gloves

Socks:

Memento Mori
Rubus
Siren Socks
Hey, Have I Ever Steered You Wrong?
Savory Lace Socks
Autumn Flame
Firebird

Bags:
Sarape Shopper
Pleated Purse
Circular Felted Bag 

12 comments:

Sandy said...

Busy busy...don't you wish you could stretch the day? You've reminded me I too think of a RAOK gift...couple actually. Somewhere here I have a note to myself on my desk....hum

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Just reading about your week makes my head spin. Hopefully you're out from underneath it all pretty soon and get some sunny spring weather to enjoy!

I'll look out for your post on Friday. What kind of things do you have in mind for RAOK?

Renee Anne said...

You mean I have to wait until Friday to see new FOs?!

Also, state testing is awful. I remember doing it when I was student teaching and the state said you can do it however you want but it has to be all finished during this particular week. One teacher had her students do all the testing in a day; we took all week. My kids were visibly frazzled and it didn't help much. I was actually doing a 1:1 with a student that hadn't been identified with a disability (yet). We knew the only way we were going to get him through the test was to give him the amenities that we knew he'd be receiving once he was fully identified. Poor kiddo :(

Of course, this was almost 10 years ago as those kids are now freshmen in college.

Unknown said...

Sounds like an extremely hectic week, hope you get through it. Looking forward to Friday's post already.

Sam I Am...... said...

What's RAOK? I hope things get a little lighter for you and that Spring arrives with some melting and sunshine for you.
I like your Learn to Knit afghan. That would be a good one for me too. I'll search on Ravelry to see if it's out there.
Your cowl sounds luscious! Can't wait to see it!

FiberJewels said...

Your YOP always leaves me feeling inadequate in the fiber department! I did manage to get my Business Casual's completed, which brings my YTD FO to 5. Cast one my first baby sweater last night

Unknown said...

Is ROAK Random acts of kindness? Hope you survive your busy week...Good luck to you and your students during the testing...I never taught, but my son got so stressed during the MCAS exams here!

DeliaKnits said...

Busy. I have a hard time while life speeds up like that. Sounds like you need a bit of down time. Happy Knitting! ..I'll be popping by on Friday to see those FO!!

Angela @ Knit Luck said...

Dissertation Sweater! That's one way to make knitting a little more interesting. Can't wait to see the progress on it!

Unknown said...

wow that is a list and a half!!! Some exciting knitting happening for you though. Have a knitty monday xx

cleancup said...

I hate state testing week-- I've had students do testing in October, February, April, and May, and it doesn't seem to matter when it happens, something ridiculous always messes with the schedule making a challenging week feel downright impossible.

Two years ago, we had a teacher blow out the wall of his room accidentally because he was so frazzled he'd told a student to put a chunk of sodium down the sink.

Hope it's better for you next week!

Emma (GirlAnachronismE) said...

Wow, that does sound busy! Ive never heard of state testing but guessing its a bit like our sats. Or is it every year? Looking forward to seeing your FOs