Friday, March 1, 2013

T7 R1 Friday Finishes

So yesterday was the end of round 1 in Tournament 7 of Nerd Wars.....yeah!!!!  Can't wait to see new challenges...so I had to finish a few things up and make a couple of small things to fit into the challenges...

So here we go...Ladder Up..this is the quick cowl I decided I needed last Wednesday...I love this cowl...and since it is slightly big, I like wearing it draped kinda like a shawl..it fits quite nicely on my shoulders...it was made with Misti Alpaca Chunky Yarn that I have had stashed for quite awhile...
Then I needed something for a dream date...and I was gonna go with Eros and Kaylee from Firefly and the whole strawberry connection...but so many people were choosing to do that...so I decided on Counselor Troi and her love of chocolate...and my love of Easter candy...and I made a Chocolate Peep....
Wilkey in his Jayne hat is photobombing the picture.....I think he might have a slight crush...plus Wilkey was inspired by Wil Wheaton and I'd love to go on a date with him too!

 I also made a very quick version of the Czech Republic flag for Radek Zelenka of Stargate Atlantis...I love Zelenka...sorry, picture is crappy...
My mother-in-law is descended from Czechoslovakian immigrants, so it fits...

I did not work on my other sock yet....it's been a busy week of work for me....no more snow days, I actually had to go in to work all week!  What's up with that!  Next week starts the MAJOR state testing...fun...fun...fun...

Hope you had a spectacular week!  Please go here, here and here for some more great projects...The last two don't seem to have their Friday link page up yet, so I just linked to the main page...







8 comments:

DVArtist said...

this scarf is absolutely beautiful. Love it.
Nicole/Beadwright

Renee Anne said...

Mmmmmm......Wil Wheaton. Admittedly, he was one of my first celebrity crushes (along with Corey Feldman, River Phoenix, and Johnny Depp). I think I was six or seven when all that started.

Now, as an adult, I read the blog of Wil Wheaton and it still makes me all a dither :)

Melissa said...

Your cowl has to be soooo soft out of chuncky alpaca and your peep is adorable.

Emily said...

I love the chocolate peep--how funny!

Ginx Craft said...

Love the colours in your cowl!

Cathy Johnson said...

How cute is your Peep! Love the cowl too, very cheerful :)

WonderWhyGal said...

Love these NW submissions. I have to admit, I've been bad about keeping up with the submissions this round. I only submitted 3 of 5.

Love your cowl...and the chocolate peep.

Jazz said...

Lovely projects! My favorite are the amigurumis.