Thursday, May 6, 2010

Baby Shower 3


I don't normally post about work, but we have three people all expecting about the same time. My teaching partner is going on leave this week...I will not be posting her gifties, as I will be giving them to her at her personal shower. But we had a shower for all three of them at work....It was alot of fun and two of my gifties made their debut.
The first is what I called the "Nautical" blanket. I started this one when I was in Corpus Christi. The yarn is "I Love This Yarn" from Hobby Lobby in yellow, navy, royal, white, and fire red. Leah had said they were thinking of doing a nautical theme, so I was inspired by the colors on ship flags. It is a pattern I designed and is a simple hdc in the back loop.

The second giftie was for Derek and his wife Amy. Derek works at our school and his wife is a teacher at another school in the district. Their blanket was a pattern that I have used before that is an easy pattern that seems quick until you start working it and then it takes a little while. The yarn I used was Pound of Love from Lion Brand in Turquoise.

I had hoped to make Derek's a little longer, as both he and his wife are tall, but I ran out of time. It is a thick and cozy blanket.
I hope they and their new baby boys, yes they are all having boys, enjoy the blankets.
Here is a shot of the three mommies...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The Nautical theme is such a beautiful blanket Tammy! I love it and I'm sure Baby Boy will love it also being that it is so cozy!

sara said...

Really nice blankets. Those are some lucky babies!

Where the nodding violets grow said...

What beautiful blankets and lucky babies. I love the nautical themed blanket. It is really striking. The blue on the patterned blanket is such a lovely colour. You should be very proud of your hard work.

lori said...

lucky friends, lucky babies! i love that nautical blanket, wow is it graphic and striking. it would surely be a centerpiece to design around.

bethanymarie said...

Hello, I have just stumbled on your blog through pinterest. I love the nautical blanket and would love to make one as a gift for friends! Is there a pattern or some instructions that you could possibly send me? Thanks!

Gracey is not my name.... said...

bethanymarie..there is no way to get in touch with you...I was surprised you saw this on Pinterest..I'm not on there...however..there is no pattern...I made this up..but if you want to get in touch, I can give you the details...send me an email at graceysgoodies @ gmail .com