Saturday, May 15, 2010

"I've Got a Golden Ticket

I've got a golden twinkle in my eye

I never had a chance to shine
Never a happy song to sing
But suddenly half the world is mine
What an amazing thing

'Cause I've got a golden ticket"


I won a Golden Ticket at the debut of my niece in "Willy Wonka Kids." I won a box of Nerds, but traded them to her for her chocolate bar.

I love Willy Wonka. I've read the books and I enjoyed both movies - although Johnny Depp's Wonka was creepy! I also love musicals.

It was alot of fun and the students did a great job! She was an Oompa Loompa, with some pretty cool socks, that she got to keep....


She is in the middle of the picture with the pink hat and pigtails:



It runs in the family - here is her brother, at age 4 (I believe) in a production of "The Wizard of Oz" My all time favorite and a favorite of his...

This picture ran in the newspaper.

Now he is with his mom and sister after we went for ice cream. I love these guys and love spending time with them..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Johnny Depp "Willy Wonka" is completely creepy.

His Mad Hatter is not much better. :-(