Sunday, May 23, 2010

I Am Really Hopeless









I am a yarn addict....I don't mind admitting it, but I really thought I could go more than 12 days without buying yarn. The Hubs says it's nothing to be proud of...I have gone longer, but I had an itching to visit an unvisited LYS. I am making my way through all the LYS' in CT. I have been to 16 (2 of which are no longer open). I've liked almost all of them. I judge them on crochet friendliness, knowledge and tools, beside the all important YARN stock.

So I had to go to Torrington yesterday to pick up the amber that I had set in a silver pendant. (It's really cool, with bugs in it!) I have been to both Torrington LYS, but stopped by "In Sheep's Clothing" again to take some pics. Sadly, the owner was out, as her dog was sick (it was a sad day for dogs) But I took a few snaps and found some cool glass buttons! So then had to get some yarn to match. Bought some Ella Rae Classic. Thinking it's gonna be a cowl or a fall purse that I'll felt..


Then I headed out to Washington Depot. I have never been there. I went along 202 and boy is it Antique h***. Every third or fourth place advertised antiques. I stopped on my way back at one in Bantam and got a cool German painted pitcher. It'll look nice as a vase.
The rooster cracked me up! there were several!
Finally made it to The Village Sheep. A great store! I will definetely go back! Maggie, the owner, is incredibly friendly, as is Nate the store mascot. I bought some Cool Wool, which was the first store I have seen it. Also got some Regia Kaffe Fassett, that I have drooled over online, and a skein of Queensland Haze, made from corn viscose. Also bought some buttons and debated on another Namaste bag ( I have Zuma and Laguna) but didn't buy one. Instead I bought a small bag kit from J. Knits - mainly for the bag. But I liked the yarn inside and decided to try my hand again at knitting, but an actual pattern. Maggie got me the circulars I needed and said it was good pattern to start with. I cast-on last night and did a good job of it. I frogged it several times, as I want to put it into my muscle memory, but am also making it too tight...So today I will cast-on again and maybe get further than that...

I spent the day there and bought a book at "The Hickory Stick Bookshop", had a panini at a cute place (forget the name) and bought a belated birthday gift for a friend. It was a wonderful place and I'm sure I'll go back...





But, as I said, I am hopeless and set a new "Haven't bought yarn since" date....as summer is around the corner and there are many unexplored CT LYS, ya' never know!

2 comments:

Allison said...

I'm drooling over your beautiful yarn!

Where the nodding violets grow said...

It is so difficult to resist yarn. I know what you mean. Your photos are great. The yarn shop looks lovely. I love the little bag.