Saturday, May 1, 2010

Knitting and Crochet Blog Week - Day 6


Revisit a past F/O

Bring the fortune and life of a past finished project up to the present. Document the current state and use of an object you have knitted or crocheted, whether it is the hat your sister wears to school almost every day, or a pair of socks you wore until they were full of hole. Or maybe that jumper that your dad just didn’t like that much…

I couldn't decide what I wanted to document, but then realized I had been using a bag I made for two days. I love making bags/purses/pocketbooks and I have definitely improved in skill. This picture shows two bags. The smaller one I made about 6 or so years ago. It was one of my first. It's a little small, but still servicable. I got alot of compliments on it and I enjoyed it immensely. However it has started to come apart. I don't think the ends were woven in carefully enough. And it is quite small. The bigger pink one I made either last year or the year before. I have been using this one for two days. It is plenty big enough. I also used a magnetic close for this bag. I also put in a small pocket for my cell phone. I really like this bag. The handles are a bit hard, made out of acrylic to look like amber (which I love) But they can be a bit cumbersome and have hurt my wrist at times. I used the same cotton blend yarn for both. The pattern is quite simple and one I made up as I went along. It's just sc around. The small one was made with 2 yarns together and the pink one with 3 yarns together (which was really rough on the hands!)


2 comments:

Allison said...

I had to stop knitting, felting and crocheting bags, because I had too many to use. Handles can be a problem. Your bags are wonderful!

Vivianne said...

Those are really nice; I particularly like the cream one :-)