Monday, May 10, 2010

WIP's in Bad Light or At This Moment....


I left my better camera at work - took it to take some shots of our bright, multicolored walls. I have another camera, but the light in our apartment sucks, especially the bedroom. During the day, we get bright light from the window, but there is no overhead light. As you can see, I use one of the Hubs painter's lamps to crochet by...I also took a quick shot of what my bed looks like at the moment. It has a couple of different projects, and several project bags out on it. This is my favorite place to crochet. It is the warmest room in winter and the only one with a/c in summer. I have my tv, or a radio. Can plug my netbook in, put up a tv tray table for food and drinks and I'm all set... The green hunk of throw at the bottom is what I made out of a whole bunch of Lion Brand Chenille. It's falling apart, but is still warm and cuddly...I sit against the tan bed pillow thingy that the Hubs got me for Christmas, as the black one I had was falling apart.

But thought I'd post about what I am working on right now. The blue ripple is for the Hubs. I have only made him a couple of pair of large slippers that flop on his feet. So making him a nice ripple. I have a love/hate with ripples. Once I get them started, I'm okay. But they are such a bear to start!


I also am working on an ATW (Around the World) I love the way these little "saltine" projects look, but the sewing involved!! I've got a couple started and I've made a few, but whew!

The last set of squares are for a comfortghan I have started for a para at school. She has had one surgery and chemotherapy. She has two more surgeries in her future. I started it awhile ago, but just have not been able to finish it. I lost my mojo for awhile and then life interrupted and I am still plugging along on it.
I have 12 squares made, 8 to go....

2 comments:

Sherri said...

I agree about the ripples. Difficult to start but oh so nice once you get going. Yours/Hubs is wonderful as are your other projects.

sara said...

The ripple looks great,but I agree about the starting part. Your little crochet nook looks cozy and perfect for marathon stretches of working!