Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hither and Yarn, Torrington, CT

So I was asked to blog about the closing of a local yarn shop.  Hither and Yarn in Torrington, CT is closing it's doors.  The owner has recently published a knitting book and will be working on designing.  Personally this has always been my favorite name for a yarn shop.

So I got the letter when I got home on Saturday.  The store is closed on Sunday and Monday, so Tuesday I headed off.....

Right now most of the discount is 20%.  I bought 4 books (I am now officially addicted to sock knitting books), some yarn, a circular and a shawl pin.


So I know most of my readers are not Connecticut residents, but if you find your way near there, stop in.  She still had quite a lot of stock left, especially an entire wall of Noro....

Now with the skein of Nerd Girls yarn that was waiting for me on my arrival and the Candy Skein I just ordered...I have added quite a bit to my stash over the past week or so....

and, of course, I stopped at my local, local yarn shop to let Mary know about the closing and picked up another skein of sock yarn....it's got sparkles...

:)

2 comments:

embracingitall said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun yarn shopping. If only the store wasn't on the other side of the world, I'd be there in a heartbeat! Jacinta

Anonymous said...

When a locale yarn shop closed years ago- my pocketbook took a beating, but my stash loved all the new friends. In June I started using yarn purchased then in Wendy Knits Summer Solstice KAL, it's been fun. Raverly name - AnnaLeslie if you want to go see Ivory Silk.
I love sock yarn and sock and lace books. (and sparkles)