Monday, July 9, 2012

Knit n' Knibble - Tampa FL

So the second yarn store I visited was Knit n' Knibble in Tampa, FL.  I was meeting a Rav friend there.  My friend ended up being very late and Caroline, the owner, just let me hang out....which was very easy with the big cool glass of ice tea that I ordered.

See you can order munchies there.  She has numerous drinks and different goodies available for purchase.  It was great just to sit at the giant table in the middle of the store and chat with the other customers.  Caroline introduced me and we sat and chatted.

In addition to the large table in the front of the store, there was a smaller table and a couch area.  She also had a second room that had another table and two looms in it.  She had lots of class offerings and lots of store samples up and on display.

 It was a fun, colorful store with a lot of great things to look at and buy.  She also stocks a local indie dyer and I purchased the birthday yarn that she made for the store.

I ended up getting a sock pattern, yarn and beads and starting my first beaded project!

I will share the swag in a separate post, as I have not taken pictures of it yet....

I would whole heartily recommend a stop at this store if you are in the Tampa area, it's a fantastic store!  I'll be heading to an Orlando store that was recommended to me later today on my way to another meeting with a Ravelry friend...








5 comments:

Renee Anne said...

Love it!

Evelyn said...

What a great LYS ... thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

It was so nice to meet you last week when you were visiting. I'm glad you had a great time. Thanks for the nice write-up! The pics look great too! Hope to see you again one day. Enjoy the time in FL with your niece!
~Caroline
Knit 'n Knibble

ewenique said...

I enjoyed this post but wonder: do yarn stores in Florida carry the same yarns as yarn stores further north, or do they have a higher percentage of cottons, linens and other fibers I imagine are more comfortable to knit with and wear in southern climes?

Gracey is not my name.... said...

They seem to carry most of the same types of fibers. I have looked to see if more light weight fiber was carried, but it seems to be about the same as the stores in the North. I can't imagine during a Florida summer knitting/crocheting with a warm fiber. I brought a project with alpaca yarn with me and have not touched it....The store I visited yesterday had a cool cotton yarn I did pick up.