Wednesday, July 11, 2012

WIP Wednesday in Florida

While in Florida, I have started two projects and bought some yarn! (Well the yarn is really old news...and if you've read my blog previously, you know not unusual for me)

So what did I start?  Well first my model is The Cat in the Hat, who is holding Thing 1 and Thing 2.  I have been sharing a bed with my niece and assorted stuffed animals....this is her newest and numbers 6, 7, and 8.  So I figured I'd put him to work!

First up is my Miranda hat.  I am on the third repeat.

I am using Mod Dea Washable wool..not the most expensive, but gotta say I'm loving this yarn.  Project page

My second start this week is the Sour Apple Socks. I don't have a name for these yet.  I tend to just use the pattern name, but mine are not in a sour apple color.....Beaded Camo Socks


Both of these projects, I frogged and restarted.  The hat on Saturday, the socks today.

My other perennial project is my Kai-Mei and my Jaywalkers.  I have a new picture of the Kai-Mei, modeled by The Cat....






What have I been reading this week?  Well I picked up Deep South Knitting at Four Purls and read through that, but I actually opened up American Gods by Neil Gaiman again and am interested in the story now....

As always head over to visit Tami and Ginny to see who else has something on the hook or needles.....or wheel....

5 comments:

Wool Diaries said...

Awesome! Keep up the fabulous knitting

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Gosh I hope you have better luck with the Moda Dea Washable Wool than I did. It was lovely to knit but absolutely fell apart when I washed it :) Maybe take care and hand wash your hat first?

Unknown said...

I love the hat is is really pretty.

Evelyn said...

Ooh, your Miranda Hat is looking great!

Unknown said...

Great socks pattern